Your Opinions on Worth ...

The place to talk about ALPINAs.
e.g. News, Reviews, Insurance, Warranties, Running Costs, Sightings, general questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

bene1989

Your Opinions on Worth ...

Post by bene1989 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:06 pm

Hi there , im just wanting to ask your opinions on what my car would be worth ?... as when im looking at Alpina's for sale the prices can vary quite a lot ..

ive had mine a while and was happy with what i payed for it as it was exactly what i was looking for , it ticked the boxes for me and they dont always come up for sale often ...

im not really looking to sell just yet but i would love to know what you guys think its worth today as it stands

its number 099, D3 biturbo 2009 full dealer service history , auto switch tronic in montego blue , touring , piano black trim , sports alcantara steering wheel, with 127k on the clock
ive added a few pics

nkotecha
ALPIN
ALPIN

Post by nkotecha » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:09 am

About 8k. If it had nav i would consider it. Have you had your steering reupholstered?

ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ade and liz flint » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:03 pm

nkotecha wrote:About 8k. If it had nav i would consider it. Have you had your steering reupholstered?
BMW Nav of this era isn't the best: Buy it and use a 3rd party Nav unit: better and cheaper. Your suggested value seems fair as it's approaching crank chain nervousness, but a fix now would be expensive but worthwhile for peace of mind and then it would last an awful long time with few worries as these are pretty strong otherwise.

The steering wheel looks like an original lavalina/sport performance hybrid, without the latter's digital readouts. Thicker too: almost Msport thickness :?
Current:
23MY Porsche Macan GTS in Papaya
23MY Cupra Born V3 77kW in Aurora

Previously loved:
ALPINA: E91 B3SBiturbo #127, E92 B3SBiturbo #285, E90 D3Biturbo #097, E85 Roadster S #168 & variety of 'beige' 4 and 6-cyl BMW lumps.
PORSCHE: Macan S, Cayman 981 S, Cayman 981 GTS

nkotecha
ALPIN
ALPIN

Post by nkotecha » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:25 pm

the thickness make me think its been updated as I have the one with the display but going to need to get it refirbished in future. I have the same nav in all 3 cars and its still good and you dont have to worry about cables and disconnecting it. main thing is the mp3 play back with screen is use

Metrics
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Metrics » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:04 pm

The steering wheel has been retrimmed - the stitches are the give away as hardly anyone can replicate the Alpina signature parallel straight stitch, replacing with the more common cross stitch.

Nice car OP - looks lovely in Blue, good luck with sale.
2019 G31 B5 Biturbo No.299
2012 F10 D5 Biturbo No.13
1993 Mercedes 190E 2.6 Sportline spec
1991 Mk1 Golf GTI Sportline cabriolet

Bob
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Bob » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:01 pm

Metrics wrote:The steering wheel has been retrimmed - the stitches are the give away as hardly anyone can replicate the Alpina signature parallel straight stitch, replacing with the more common cross stitch.
Most of the E9x cars i can remember seeing with the digi-wheel have all had M-Power colour or grey/black cross-stitching rather Alpina straight stitch. This seems to be a hybrid of green cross-stitch, but also it doesn't have alcantara on the spokes. Performance wheels had everything bar the horn push in alcantara, i think.
B3 3.2 TOURING #062

ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ade and liz flint » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:51 pm

CaesarBob wrote:Performance wheels had everything bar the horn push in alcantara, i think.
No. Was a mix of leather and alcantara similar to OP pic. My D3biturbo came so equipped. Here it is:-

nkotecha wrote:I have the same nav in all 3 cars and its still good and you dont have to worry about cables and disconnecting it. main thing is the mp3 play back with screen is use
Think we'll have to disagree on the ability of the BMW nav. Lost count of the number of times we've had to resort to phone based nav to sort out issues because the BMW system was slow/wrong/plain frustrating. The Porsche system is even worse, though.
Current:
23MY Porsche Macan GTS in Papaya
23MY Cupra Born V3 77kW in Aurora

Previously loved:
ALPINA: E91 B3SBiturbo #127, E92 B3SBiturbo #285, E90 D3Biturbo #097, E85 Roadster S #168 & variety of 'beige' 4 and 6-cyl BMW lumps.
PORSCHE: Macan S, Cayman 981 S, Cayman 981 GTS

Metrics
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Metrics » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:50 pm

CaesarBob wrote:
Metrics wrote:The steering wheel has been retrimmed - the stitches are the give away as hardly anyone can replicate the Alpina signature parallel straight stitch, replacing with the more common cross stitch.
Most of the E9x cars i can remember seeing with the digi-wheel have all had M-Power colour or grey/black cross-stitching rather Alpina straight stitch. This seems to be a hybrid of green cross-stitch, but also it doesn't have alcantara on the spokes. Performance wheels had everything bar the horn push in alcantara, i think.
I stand corrected, learnt something here. Seems odd given the straight stitch is something of an Alpina signature touch? Maybe the performance wheel isn't originally an Alpina part?

I read somewhere that Burkard Bovensiepen didn't like the feel of the cross stitch finish, hence the straight stitch was born. I like the little touch of making the wheel's thumb grip section thread black, as it would pick up most dirt and the black hides this. But all this may be urban myth! Happy to be corrected, again! :D

Burnham
ALP
ALP

Post by Burnham » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:56 pm

If thats wprth £8k its still a lot of car for the money. Looks great!
2016 Alpina D3 Bi-Turbo Touring No. 242

bene1989

Post by bene1989 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:01 pm

So i dont know if it has been re-trimmed or not ,, but i haven't done it and the previous owner hasn't had it done , but when i look at the original pic of this car on the archive on here it had a standard wheel on it back in 2009,, is its either an original part thats been fitted after at some point or could possible be a re trim ..

going back the the 'worth' question , if i could i would have preferred satnav but you have to go with what little picking is on the 2nd hand market , but since not having the option i haven't missed it and i think the dash looks a lot cleaner for it and obviously i would have preferred the mileage to be lower but it ticked every other box for me ...

Bob
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Bob » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:29 am

ade and liz flint wrote:
CaesarBob wrote:Performance wheels had everything bar the horn push in alcantara, i think.
No. Was a mix of leather and alcantara similar to OP pic. My D3biturbo came so equipped. Here it is:-

Sorry Ade, I know the rim is half and half, I was meaning the 3 "spokes" but guess it wasn't that clear from my post.
B3 3.2 TOURING #062

Bob
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Bob » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:39 am

Metrics wrote:
CaesarBob wrote:
I stand corrected, learnt something here. Seems odd given the straight stitch is something of an Alpina signature touch? Maybe the performance wheel isn't originally an Alpina part?

I read somewhere that Burkard Bovensiepen didn't like the feel of the cross stitch finish, hence the straight stitch was born. I like the little touch of making the wheel's thumb grip section thread black, as it would pick up most dirt and the black hides this. But all this may be urban myth! Happy to be corrected, again! :D
I'd always assumed that the digi-wheel is a BMW Performance part that was available as an option rather than a specific Alpina part, but with an Alpina badge.
B3 3.2 TOURING #062

Metrics
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Metrics » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:28 am

CaesarBob wrote:
Metrics wrote:
CaesarBob wrote:

I'd always assumed that the digi-wheel is a BMW Performance part that was available as an option rather than a specific Alpina part, but with an Alpina badge.
That'll be it CB :idea:

octanejunkie
A
A

Post by octanejunkie » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:47 am

nkotecha wrote:About 8k. If it had nav i would consider it. Have you had your steering reupholstered?
Exactly the figure i was thinking, also, nice steering wheel 8)

Lack of crappy oe nav is a bonus for me. I'm not a fan of factory fitted nav units. Obselete after a few years, and then sits in the dash to remind you your car is old. Lol

I'd prefer the classic wheel rather than Dynamics, but still looks pukka :wink:
If its a job no man can survive, he's the man for the job.

bene1989

Post by bene1989 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:45 am

thanks guys , like i said im not desperate to sell but i wanted to gauge a figure off the people who know best,.... i think i would push for 9k to the right buyer as i think there are only 3 montego blue touring's in the uk from my research.