Eisenmann Exhaust

The place to talk about ALPINAs.
e.g. News, Reviews, Insurance, Warranties, Running Costs, Sightings, general questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

ollieebmw
ALP
ALP

Eisenmann Exhaust

Post by ollieebmw » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:55 pm

Greetings...

Well I have brought this subject up before but have now decided to take the plunge. I have seen a lot of you tube clips with various exhaust and heard a lot at car shows last year but now have to decide between Supersprint or Eisenmann. Looks like Supersprint sounds like a Gt and Eisenmann like an F1 car. Only getting the rear box. Has anyone done this on their ALP? I really want to keep the hefty diameter of the pipes ( No small looking pop pop ones) at the back but with more of a zing at the top end. Only decision left is sport or race exhaust. Going to have a chat with Roy from CA for more advice but definitely doing it. Sorry to the OEM gang....
B10 Alpina

ali
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ali » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:34 pm

Beware of the drone is all I can say.
Every aftermarket exhaust I have ever had from scorpion, supersprint and Eisenmann all drone about 2500-3k rpm. This is where essentially you are at rev wise sat on the motorway at 75mph.
The eissenmann sounded glorious as you were thrashing through the gears and revving the nuts off it but once playtime is over the drone will annoy the hell out of you.
Did my mrs head in no end
I had it fitted to my old 330i
It's a common isue with the BMW straight 6 lumps to get the drone with an after market unit. Shows how well the original BMW engimneers did with the stock system.
Mine was the Eisenmann Race version

edit
I'd have the Eissenmann over the supersprint any day of the week. Much better quality unit

B3 3.3 Coupe #090
D3 2.0 Biturbo Touring #098

Ikule
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Ikule » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:17 am

Would you be able to get an off the shelf rear box to match up to the Alpina centre section though? :?

I have certainly thought about putting a performance rear box on mine as I fitted most of my previous cars with sports exhausts,
but I reckon that a custom built one would be the only way to guarantee a good fit,
something like a Powerflow or Longlife actually built on the car to your own spec. and it would possibly be less than half the price of the Eissenmann to boot.

Food for thought :wink:
Steve C

'98 B10 3.2 #88 (for summer cruising)
'04 Mini Cooper S (commuting/sacrificial shopping trolley target....)
'94 325i Coupe SOLD
'88 Vauxhall Senator 3.0i SOLD
'90 Astra MkII GTE 16V (Turbo conversion) SOLD

rcshott
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by rcshott » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:21 pm

ali-bumble wrote:Beware of the drone is all I can say.
Every aftermarket exhaust I have ever had from scorpion, supersprint and Eisenmann all drone about 2500-3k rpm. This is where essentially you are at rev wise sat on the motorway at 75mph.
The eissenmann sounded glorious as you were thrashing through the gears and revving the nuts off it but once playtime is over the drone will annoy the hell out of you.
Did my mrs head in no end
I had it fitted to my old 330i
It's a common isue with the BMW straight 6 lumps to get the drone with an after market unit. Shows how well the original BMW engimneers did with the stock system.
Mine was the Eisenmann Race version

edit
I'd have the Eissenmann over the supersprint any day of the week. Much better quality unit

I've got a complete hand built system with 3 inch pipes on the B10 & drumming was an issue, easily fixed with a custom rear silencer as large as we could make it. Fixed the drumming almost entirely but still gives a great sound. Requires someone who knows & understands both mufflers AND the BMW 6cyl problem.
1989 B10 (2nd owner. For sale)
1997 E39 V8 (current daily in UKR)

E24man
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by E24man » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:44 pm

Last edited by E24man on Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ollieebmw
ALP
ALP

Post by ollieebmw » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:33 pm

Greetings...

I have heard a lot about droning at 2-3000 revs but to be honest I have always put on some kind of sports exhaust and never seen it as an issue. My daughter even misses the sound on my E46 with an m style quad exhaust. I'm sure that used to drone. Maybe I didn't notice as I would just blast my two 12 inch subs out.Never used Eisenmann before but if I'm going to pay top dollar will want it to be right. My concerns is more getting the right sound ( Sport or Race ). I also found out you can alter the middle section if the droning really bothers you. I'm sure either Munich legends or CA will put me on the right path....Watch this space
B10 Alpina

ali
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ali » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:52 pm

Roy at CA Technologies International ( formerly CA Autmotive) is a top bloke. I had several dealings with the company and excellent service all round.

Also worth a shout is Teddy Tsu at SSDD Motorsport Again had a few dealings with them and all 100% +ve
B3 3.3 Coupe #090

dodgyken
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by dodgyken » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:16 am

I had a BASTURK on my Z4 3.0 - there was no droning BUT the bass at 2000rpm was very noticable.

ollieebmw
ALP
ALP

Post by ollieebmw » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:10 pm

Greetings....

Will be talking to Teddy soon. Spoke to Roy and he said a few Alpinas has put on a Eisenmann exhaust but you need to get the right diameter for it to fit. They only do supply now and he is going to look into it for me. I wonder if those Alps with the Eisenmann exhaust are on this forum? Also curious as to what modification is needed. I'm thinking a bracket of some sort. Any ideas?
B10 Alpina

Ken M 44
ALP
ALP

Post by Ken M 44 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:47 pm

These guys are the dogs whatsits for pipes and are working closely with Alpina ;
http://www.akrapovic.com/en/Automotive/ ... fault.aspx

What they do ;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH5xB3cqLDg

But be warned - they are VERY EXPENSIVE :shock:
XD3 Biturbo - #467 Deep Sea Blue
B5 Biturbo - #003 Shade of Sophisto Grey (sold)
B3 Biturbo - #158 Black 'n Black (sold)
B3S - #059 Mora Metallic (sold)

ali
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ali » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:24 am

ollieebmw wrote:Greetings....

Also curious as to what modification is needed. I'm thinking a bracket of some sort. Any ideas?
Will need to disable the vacuum pipe that controls the internal flap on the original Alpina back box. Very simple to do.
Roy will be on about the diameter of the BMW stock exhaust which the eissenmann is made to fit. The Alpina standard exhaust will be a fewmm larger diameter I would have thought.
B3 3.3 Coupe #090

dodgyken
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by dodgyken » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:25 am

Ken M 44 wrote:These guys are the dogs whatsits for pipes and are working closely with Alpina ;
http://www.akrapovic.com/en/Automotive/ ... fault.aspx

What they do ;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH5xB3cqLDg

But be warned - they are VERY EXPENSIVE :shock:
AND they don't sell after market for Alpina - YET.

I called them around August last year, so that might have changed, but they are only supplying as OEM at the moment to Alpina.