B5 on collecting cars #075 E60

The place to discuss ALPINAs currently for sale - discussing ALPINAs other than your own.
Scotth

B5 on collecting cars #075 E60

Post by Scotth » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:53 pm

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/20 ... 5-saloon-3

Long list of issues but at least it’s up front!
Shame too as if I’ve read it right it’s not had a service in 6 years and 20k miles. I’d love a B5 (touring preferable but know they’re very thin on the ground!) but not right now. Hopefully whoever buys this one has a healthy war chest and gets it where it deserves to be..

JensonAlpina

Re: B5 on collecting cars #075 E60

Post by JensonAlpina » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:03 pm

Hi Scott, yes I purchased the car to have it as a project. Going to pick it up over the bank holiday weekend. The previous owner has owned the car for almost 14 years although it has been left neglected and parked up the past few years. Wish me luck mate!

pauloopnorth

Post by pauloopnorth » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:15 am

Good luck with the project, I seem to be drawn to cars needing love and this one had me hooked right in, I like the way the seller certainly didnt try to build up high expectations as it can often uncover what in reality is a good car. I look forward to seeing and hearing how you get on with it.

Scotth

Post by Scotth » Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:55 pm

Good luck! Hope the pickup went well over the weekend. Look forward to any progress updates!

JensonAlpina

Post by JensonAlpina » Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:48 pm

Thank you for the comments guys. I’ve picked the car up and it’s actually pretty decent. The photos don’t do the car any justice obviously there are age related marks on the body but that is respective of mileage and age. The car had been PPF and I will be taking that off as the paint isn’t too shabby underneath this. The previous owner did have the car for approximately 14 years. Mechanically the car is running well and driving 65 mph on the way home, I managed to achieve 38.7 mpg which I was rather impressed with. No funny noises from the engine apart from the lambda sensor light which came up on my diagnostics so I will get round to getting that sorted as well. I happen to be into my detailing and that is exactly what the car needs and I’m sure once I have done with it, it will come up plush! There was ample documentation with the car and all the original brochures, which I like to see when I’m buying a car

ScooBeeFive
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ScooBeeFive » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:56 pm

Congratulations on the purchase. It sounds like you may have got a real bargain there.

As the guys above said, they really listed out all the issues which no doubt put people off from bidding, but it may be a lot of them are simple fixes.

Good luck with the project - look forward to seeing some photos and updates.
Paul

2013 F11 B5 BiTurbo Touring #135 - Alpina Blue
2017 F33 B4S BiTurbo Cabrio #235 - Tanzanite Blue

JensonAlpina

Post by JensonAlpina » Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:04 pm

Thank you, much appreciated. The seller was genuine when i met him too, which for a trader is very rare in my opinion, i always like to purchase a car private as the person usually knows the car. A lot of the fixes are pretty simple as the car is based off the 545i. Will keep you posted