Thinking of selling - BS3 Bi Turbo Touring 2018

A place for members to list and discuss selling their ALPINA
MartinB3s

Thinking of selling - BS3 Bi Turbo Touring 2018

Post by MartinB3s » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:16 pm

Lovely car, just not for me at the moment, sadly.

Has only £4k on the clock, pristine in condition.

Any thoughts on where to market it and what a sensible price would be?

Spec is quite big, lovely Aplina Green, Merino Black with white piping with badges, 20 inch alloys, HK hi fi, reversing camera, adaptive cruise, posh sat nav etc

Thanks in advance

Martin Image
Current : Alpina B3s Touring, Caterham Supersport r

Past : 911 (997) and 911 (993)

RufRt12
A
A

Post by RufRt12 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:28 pm

When you say "it's just not for me at the moment" could you expand upon that? I don't wish to be rude but, to many, the B3s (especially in estate form) is the ultimate Alpina so I'm curious to know if hasn't lived upto expectation.

hap
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by hap » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:32 pm

This may help

http://www.thealpinaregister.com/forums ... sc&start=0

Presume all sorted out now?
Price is going to be 50kish bit more perhaps best bet I think may be a sale or return you will not get a good rate from sytner depends if you need to move the car on quick and take a hefty hit

RufRt12
A
A

Post by RufRt12 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:45 pm

Ahhhh... so what you're saying is that the seller's offloading a potentially problematic car :?

hap
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by hap » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:50 pm

Not at all he put this on the forum and in the open so if it's all sorted then all good

Bob
ALPINA
ALPINA

F31 B3 S BiTurbo #185

Post by Bob » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:54 pm

That's a beautiful looking car!

Some feedback from a couple of recent private sellers of D4's was that they struggled without finance options and those cars have all ended up with traders.

Maybe try getting some offers from the usual suspects (Sytners, Evans Halshaw, WBAC) to get a reference price. Advertise it on AT, Pistonheads, etc

B3 BiTurbo #152 looks like the only real benchmark, and it's been around of a while at £60k
Last edited by Bob on Mon May 13, 2019 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B3 3.2 TOURING #062

RufRt12
A
A

Post by RufRt12 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:01 pm

Hence the reason I asked for clarification of wanting to sell. I've seen the thread linked to the issues a few times before but noticed that there wasn't a conclusion at the end of it. Obviously he may have just been too busy with life to bother posting a reply back then but, even still, if it WAS still causing him grief then, presumedly, it could all be sorted under its two year warranty.
As someone who's lusted after an F30 B3s I'd happily bite his fingers off at the right price if I had to take all the above into consideration but I'd really only be interested if it was a saloon as opposed to an estate.

RufRt12
A
A

Post by RufRt12 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:08 pm

CaesarBob wrote:B3 BiTurbo #152 looks like the only real benchmark, and it's been around of a while at £60k
What would you suppose is the reason for the Bramely's car going unloved for so long? I don't think the price is unreasonable although the cream interior doesn't quite hit the spot for me. Plus the fact that it's not a more potent S model would play on the back of my mind as I drove along.

Bob
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Bob » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:42 pm

RufRt12 wrote:
CaesarBob wrote:B3 BiTurbo #152 looks like the only real benchmark, and it's been around of a while at £60k
What would you suppose is the reason for the Bramely's car going unloved for so long? I don't think the price is unreasonable although the cream interior doesn't quite hit the spot for me. Plus the fact that it's not a more potent S model would play on the back of my mind as I drove along.
The colour combination is spot on for me, but that is obviously a personal choice. Why it's stuck now is hard to say but if it was me looking to buy a nearly new, low mileage example I would probably expect to deal with a main dealer. I really mentioned the time to suggest the need for patience waiting for the right buyer.
B3 3.2 TOURING #062

nkotecha
ALPIN
ALPIN

Post by nkotecha » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:45 pm

trade value is 40k on it

B10BRW
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by B10BRW » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:26 am

nkotecha wrote:trade value is 40k on it
That's shocking, no wonder the Bramley car remains unsold at £60k

RufRt12
A
A

Post by RufRt12 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:36 am

B10BRW wrote:That's shocking, no wonder the Bramley car remains unsold at £60k
I agree with you, although, Alpina’s do command a premium over ‘standard’ BMWs on a like-for-like basis.
What’s more shocking to me is that this remains unsold despite the amount of praise it garners from fans of the brand. I realise that not everyone’s got 60 large stuffed down the back of their sofas but, still, I’m sure it’ll appeal to someone more than that E50 B5 with 400 odd miles.

B10BRW
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by B10BRW » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:17 pm

RufRt12 wrote:
B10BRW wrote:That's shocking, no wonder the Bramley car remains unsold at £60k
I agree with you, although, Alpina’s do command a premium over ‘standard’ BMWs on a like-for-like basis.
What’s more shocking to me is that this remains unsold despite the amount of praise it garners from fans of the brand. I realise that not everyone’s got 60 large stuffed down the back of their sofas but, still, I’m sure it’ll appeal to someone more than that E50 B5 with 400 odd miles.
I was trying to compare the trade selling price of a 2 year old 2 owner B3 touring that will soon be out of warranty, offered at £60k with a newly new B3S touring that the trade are willing to give £40k for.

I can not really see the point in buying a new Alpina at over £70k only to find according to Sytner that it has lost over 40% of it's value in only a few months.

Unfortunately Sytners recent valuations of the used Alpina market are derisory.
Last year they offered an insulting amount for my B4 BT, I obtained over 30% higher by selling it privately.

In my view Sytners pathetic buying prices are warping the true value of our cars.
Who is going to buy a new Alpina when they know they will be shafted when it comes to trade in time.

ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ade and liz flint » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:24 pm

B10BRW wrote: I was trying to compare the trade selling price of a 2 year old 2 owner B3 touring that will soon be out of warranty, offered at £60k with a newly new B3S touring that the trade are willing to give £40k for.

I can not really see the point in buying a new Alpina at over £70k only to find according to Sytner that it has lost over 40% of it's value in only a few months.

Unfortunately Sytners recent valuations of the used Alpina market are derisory.
Last year they offered an insulting amount for my B4 BT, I obtained over 30% higher by selling it privately.

In my view Sytners pathetic buying prices are warping the true value of our cars.
Who is going to buy a new Alpina when they know they will be shafted when it comes to trade in time.
This :roll: is so true. As you know, Brian, I voluntarily paid a similar premium over Sytners trade value for #127. I couldn't sit comfortably with their insipid valuation.

I am behind you in avoiding touching anything new or nearly new from Sytner stock as a result and would encourage sellers elsewhere to strike a beneficial deal. WBAC have shown to offer more than the sole concessionaire of our brand: pathetic. Porsche don't allow this situation with their premium models: quite the opposite in my experience.
Current:
23MY Porsche Macan GTS in Papaya
23MY Cupra Born V3 77kW in Aurora

Previously loved:
ALPINA: E91 B3SBiturbo #127, E92 B3SBiturbo #285, E90 D3Biturbo #097, E85 Roadster S #168 & variety of 'beige' 4 and 6-cyl BMW lumps.
PORSCHE: Macan S, Cayman 981 S, Cayman 981 GTS

RufRt12
A
A

Post by RufRt12 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:09 am

Apologies if it seems that I’ve hijacked this thread but, seeing as the replies seem to be coming from longer term fans of the brand than myself, I’m hoping you’d be able to answer something for me seeing as we’re now discussing new cars...

There’s a spanking brand new B3s saloon at my local dealers in Harold Wood that’s been sitting on the forecourt at 75k for the past four (or so) months. I’ve offered them a cheeky 60k for it but, once they’d finished laughing, told me not to slam the door on the way out. Is this a typical occurrence of Alpina cars in general or does it ever reach a point where it HAS to become registered for road use and, therefore, advertised as a ‘Pre-reg’ & subsequently cheaper OR am I just kidding myself into thinking it’ll ever turn justifiably affordable?