Anyone recommend a bodyshop ?

Discuss all aspects of Car Care / Detailling etc.
TonyS
A
A

Anyone recommend a bodyshop ?

Post by TonyS » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:30 pm

My front spoiler needs re-painting in Sapphire Black with Silver logo, so can anyone recommend a bodyshop ?
B3 BiTurbo Cabrio #121 (E93) + Quaife ATB LSD
X1 2.0 Twin-Scroll Turbo xDrive #zillion (F48) ... really useful, if only an XB1 existed !

--- but when you are up to your ears in alligators it can be relatively difficult to remember that your original idea was to drain the swamp --- hmmm

Charles

Re: Anyone recommend a bodyshop ?

Post by Charles » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:52 pm

Where are you based?
Charles
Teacher of Chemistry and driver of ALPINAs - not necessarily in that order ;)
B3S Touring (49/116) - been to the moon and now on the way back!
Renault Grand Espace - not mine but the wife's!

TonyS
A
A

Post by TonyS » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:09 pm

I am located on the Bedfordshire/Hertfordshire border ... just north of Stevenage ... but prepared to travel and leave it with them for the right quality job.
X1 2.0 Twin-Scroll Turbo xDrive #zillion (F48) ... really useful, if only an XB1 existed !

--- but when you are up to your ears in alligators it can be relatively difficult to remember that your original idea was to drain the swamp --- hmmm

MikeR
ALPIN
ALPIN

Post by MikeR » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:28 pm

I used a place in Foxton (off the A10 near Cambridge) for the bonnet of my old D3 a few years back - I thought it was first class. Not sure if they're still operating though - I'll have a nosey next time I go past.
Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription Pro. 2018.
Honda S2000. 2003. SOLD
F31 MSport+ 335D XDrive. 2014. SOLD
No. 097. D3BT Saloon 2010. Manual. Black Sapphire. SOLD
No. 389. D3MT Saloon 2007. Manual. Black Sapphire. SOLD

TonyS
A
A

Post by TonyS » Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:14 pm

Mike, from your comment, I have found S&J Body Repairs at Shepreth adjacent to the railway line and the Wildlife Park, off the A10 near Foxton and I have visited them yesterday.
They are still in business, and the majority of the work I saw is full-body restorations.
They are prepared to do the work that I need on my front spoiler, and also re-align it as the centre shut-line to the bonnet has never been correct in my ownership.
They are currently working on 7 cars and from what I could see, the standard of work looks "expensive" by its high-quality finish and attention to detail.
Surprisingly, their quote for the work is quite reasonable being a little less than expected.
I have decided to let them have a go at it, so we shall see what kind of result they come up with, and I will comment back when it is done later in the springtime.

Incidentally, their premises used to be 'Blydenstein' tuning, who ran the Dealer Team Vauxhall racing back in the 60's & 70''s.