e46 rear arb drop link replacement top tips

Discuss all aspects of Car Care / Detailling etc.
rc944
ALPINA
ALPINA

e46 rear arb drop link replacement top tips

Post by rc944 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:21 pm

ok so my advice is dont do it unless you have small hands, can get the rear wheels off the ground at the same time, have lots of patience, are happy to use bad language a lot.

while you're there, get the arb bushes changed and perhaps even the arb itself

you will need a good selection of size 13 wrenches including ring and open ended and decent 1/4" drive ratchet and 1/2" drive ratchet with a selection of deep and standard 13mm sockets and an extension bar

be careful not to overtighten the bolts that fix the arb mounting plate into the wishbone as its cast ally

needless to say i only intended to change the drop links but wish i had changed the other stuff. it was only when removing the other bits that i saw the condition they were in. the arb had some surface rust which i buzzed off. the arb bushes were fine in the end but for the sake of what they cost it would have been sensible to replace them for good measure. the arb itself is absolutely fine but im a pedant.

ill get them sorted when the car gets some serious preventative underbody stuff done at reddish later in the year
Porsche 997.1 GT3 CS I Alpina E46 B3s Coupe I Alpina E46 B3 3.3 Touring I Ducati 749S Mono I Ducati 748R I Ducati 749 Track Bike I Ducati 916S