Ceramic Coating

Discuss all aspects of Car Care / Detailling etc.
BeeEmm

Ceramic Coating

Post by BeeEmm » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:15 am

Has anyone given their car a ceramic coating or had a detailer do it? I stopped using high end waxes last year and have coated my two cars with Kamikaze ISM which is fantastic and it is much easier to clean the cars now. I am interested in what others think or have done?
I used to have 2 boys and a girl, now I have 2 men and a woman.

jamesa
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by jamesa » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:09 pm

Have had a gtechniq coating on two, white, used - non Alpina cars, the Platinum `dealer only applied` package (five year warranty, free annual inspection).

Have found it to be an excellent product, the preparation removed 99% of existing `swirls / marks`... the coating then sealing it off and protecting from further minor damage. Markedly increases the interval between cleaning :)

The last inspection revealed an adhesion issue in a few areas, the entire car including wheels were re-prepared and resealed at no charge.
Ex. B10 V8 Touring #160 Alpina Blue : Current M2 DCT (OG)

Cygnet
A
A

Post by Cygnet » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:21 pm

When I bought a m235 a couple of years ago I had the Williams ceramic coating done. It didn't take long for some bird crap to leave its mark on the bonnet so I don't think I'd go for it again.
E46 B3 s coupe #122. (Sold)
VW Golf R.
BMW E46 M3
Riley 1.5

Broch
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Broch » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:47 am

I swear by Gyeon. My son applied it on the B6 a couple of years ago, and it still looks nice

http://thealpinaregister.com/forums/vie ... &start=420

8)
B6 Convertible
B3s Bi-Turbo Tourer