Car Covers

Discuss all aspects of Car Care / Detailling etc.
bfive
A
A

Car Covers

Post by bfive » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:56 pm

Done a little research on this but would appreciate your thoughts. I have a garage in which I store my B6, but it is "open" at one end. This unfortunately means that the boot of the car can get slightly wet if it rains and also allows dust/leaves etc to blow in. For my B5 I purchased a all weather cover from BMW at some £250, however this did tend to "sweat" even though it had vent holes.

I can't block up the rear due to the tight fit of the "bins!" of all things! I don't really want to blow another £250 for this car when there is a host of other covers on the market for a fraction of the cost.

Any suggestions ?

ALP1NA
AL
AL

Post by ALP1NA » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:15 pm

IAM Joe
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by IAM Joe » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:19 pm

You can get various universal sizes which are of a reasonable quality for just a few quid. Think I had an RAC one for my MR2 (parked outside) which did a decent job. Only time it failed was in really high winds, but even then as it was tied underneath, didn't blow away! It didn't do any damage to the car (paintwork etc)

A case of finding one big enough with decent elastic corners and strap to keep it in place.
Joe

SOLD!

Diesel Power! #412

Mickl
ALPI
ALPI

Post by Mickl » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:56 pm

Hi

I think I would prefer to leave the car uncovered as unless car is spotlessly clean each time the cover is fitted it will tend to drag any grit particles across the paint resulting in swirls in the paintwork.

Mick L

bfive
A
A

Post by bfive » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:18 pm

I always clean the car before I put it away which is why I like to keep a cover on it, as otherwise it collects a layer of dust and grime in the "open garage" - If it is dirty in anyway I never put the cover on. Thanks anyway for the comments guys, seems that no-one has a real strong opinion so I think it will be a "good quality" outdoor cover for now

Mr H

Post by Mr H » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:33 pm

These guys have good covers. Saw them at a recent car show - very impressed - just about to order one myself.

http://www.hamiltonclassic.co.uk/acatal ... r.html#aMT