11/01/2007 - Don't speed in a new Honda Civic + Tony's Gaff

Ramblings and thoughts from Neil
neil
Administrator
Administrator

11/01/2007 - Don't speed in a new Honda Civic + Tony's Gaff

Post by neil » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:59 am

Driving back from 'dawn sauth' this evening I notice a pretty parculiar thing. I happen to overtake a couple of new Civics looking accross as I passed I was amused to be able to clearly read the digital speedo - I just thought it would be amusing if a Police car happened to do the same.

Put's a whole new twist on the do you realise how fast you were driving sir

Would make an interesting photo too!

On a different matter I was in a cab earlier being lazy on my way back to Paddington. We drove down one of the many streets until 1 that I'm sure I've been down before and there were two armed police officers stood outside a house. On asking the taxi driver whats that about - it turns out to be Tony's Gaff - took me by suprise, I have to admit. Got me thinking:

a. How much is that costing me ?
b. How long does he get the protection for ?

B10BRW
ALPINA
ALPINA

Re: 11/01/2007 - Don't speed in a new Honda Civic + Tony's G

Post by B10BRW » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:12 am

neil wrote:
On a different matter I was in a cab earlier being lazy on my way back to Paddington. We drove down one of the many streets until 1 that I'm sure I've been down before and there were two armed police officers stood outside a house. On asking the taxi driver whats that about - it turns out to be Tony's Gaff - took me by suprise, I have to admit. Got me thinking:

He needs Police protection to guard all the money he is getting from acting as an advisor to Morgans who are making a fortune from the illegal war with Iraq.
The traitorous B*st**d should be in the tower :evil:

KevinB10
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by KevinB10 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:20 am

Hear hear. :twisted:
Kevin

Alpina Jim
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Alpina Jim » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:48 pm

I had an Astra GTE mk2 many moons ago with an LCD dash which the kids loved as they could easily keep an eye on the speed we were doing at the time. Switching it to Km/hour used to confuse them though. :)
Jim

'98 B10 3.2 #174 in Alpina Blue owned since 13th Sept 2002.

monsterB3
A
A

Re: 11/01/2007 - Don't speed in a new Honda Civic + Tony's G

Post by monsterB3 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:39 am

B10BRW wrote:
neil wrote:

He needs Police protection to guard all the money he is getting from acting as an advisor to Morgans who are making a fortune from the illegal war with Iraq.
The traitorous B*st**d should be in the tower :evil:
As a former PM, I would suggest he will be offered a PPO for many years to come yet..
Monster Monster

MarkWG
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by MarkWG » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:56 pm

Alpina Jim wrote:I had an Astra GTE mk2 many moons ago with an LCD dash which the kids loved as they could easily keep an eye on the speed we were doing at the time. Switching it to Km/hour used to confuse them though. :)
a friend of mine had a GTE 16v with the digital dash...he got rid of it because his mrs could read it from the passenger seat & spent the whole time on any journey hassling him about his speed...these days we call her TomTom...the sat-nag....