Kop Hill 25th & 26th Sept 2021

A place to plan / discuss / debrief about ALPINA meets

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

Wellsy
ALPI
ALPI

Kop Hill 25th & 26th Sept 2021

Post by Wellsy » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:03 pm

Morning all, dropping this in as they have just changed the dates for the 2021 Kop Hill Climb. Obviously we have no idea at the moment if shows will even go ahead this year but its in here as a book mark and I'll keep updated as time goes on.

KOP HILL CLIMB REVISES 2021 DATE

The Kop Hill Climb Organizing Committee has announced a change of dates for the 2021 Festival weekend, the 110th Anniversary year of the first- ever climb in 1910. The event will now be held on SEPTEMBER 25/26 and not September 18/19 as originally scheduled and advised. The move has been occasioned by the announcement that the Goodwood Revival will be held on September 18/19. Many of our entrants and spectators enjoy attending both events, so this revision will make that possible.

The Committee, and indeed all the KHC Volunteers, send warmest Seasonal greetings to everyone associated with the event, together with our hopes for a much happier and healthier 2021. We all look forward to congregating once again “below the Hill” and celebrating the event that was so sorely missed this year by so many.

https://www.themotoringdiary.com/2020/1 ... 2021-date/
E90 D3 Biturbo 2009 No114
Black with Gold Decals
Piano black interior trim (looking for trim with Gold inlay, watch this space :P )
Upgraded Stereo system

Charles

Re: Kop Hill 25th & 26th Sept 2021

Post by Charles » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:42 pm

Thanks for posting about this Mark.

I've moved the thread into the announcement section at the top of the page, so that it remains "up there" and allows an ongoing conversation.

Please keep us updated with any further announcements on this

C
Charles
Teacher of Chemistry and driver of ALPINAs - not necessarily in that order ;)
B3S Touring (49/116) - been to the moon and now on the way back!
Renault Grand Espace - not mine but the wife's!

Wellsy
ALPI
ALPI

Post by Wellsy » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:49 pm

Tonight BBC 6:30pm - Greatest Railway journeys. To be honest not my normal viewing preference, but apparently tonight they end up in my home town and actually from the trailer it looks like they are running some motorbikes up the Kop Hill climb. So might be some history of the climb included too and a chance to have a preview of the hill climb.
Black with Gold Decals
Piano black interior trim (looking for trim with Gold inlay, watch this space :P )
Upgraded Stereo system

Wellsy
ALPI
ALPI

Post by Wellsy » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:02 pm

Hi all,

An update on KOP HILL 2021 and why I've not really followed this up.

So the event started to celebrate the original Hill Climb so started as war era cars and bikes gathering together and having a jaunt up the hill. When the Kop Hill event restarted 11 years ago they opened it up to more modern interesting machinery.
Of course the 10 yr anniversary (2020) of the revived event didn't take place so being that we have missed a year and its the 10th anniversary the war era clubs, bikes and cars and filled up the event.
So if we were to go now it would be more for a day out than a club entry with a run up the hill.

I'll still be going and there is a cherished car parking area, where cars of interest can park and its a bit closer to the main gate. If anyone fancies a relaxed day out then why not come along.

As for a club entry and runs up the hill lets aim for a more normal 2022.

Cheers all, Mark.
Black with Gold Decals
Upgraded Stereo system

Wellsy
ALPI
ALPI

Post by Wellsy » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:55 pm

Hi all,

My plan is at the moment to attend mainly on Sunday, will be taking my car up and parking in the cherished cars area (You don't need to book this just head towards the Hill Climb or ask a marshal).
I would advise anyone coming to pre-book tickets as with all events at the moment there are tickets on the door but its all number's dependent.
Black with Gold Decals
Upgraded Stereo system

Wellsy
ALPI
ALPI

Post by Wellsy » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:26 am

Morning all,

Kop Hill 2021 complete and I have to say this was probably the best one yet. I knew Sytner would be displaying, as they do every year, I was surprised to see a lovely B8 front and center on the stand. Of course I had a good look round and started talking to the Sytner staff on hand. Met Mark Malloy who represents Alpina at Sytner High Wycombe. Really nice guy and showed genuine interest in my car and my ownership experience. We talked about different models, attending the Silverstone Classic and of course the B8.
Alpina B8 1.jpg
Alpina B8 1.jpg (2.7 MiB) Viewed 1250 times
This is currently the only UK Registered B8 available and allowed to be at the show by special agreement by Nottingham. It is a lovely spec too, in Blue with Black Decals, badges and wheels and lovely two tone interior with lots of Alcantara.
Alpina B8 4.jpg
Alpina B8 4.jpg (1.46 MiB) Viewed 1250 times
Mark was saying they only expect to bring 2 or 3 into the UK so not going to see many around. This is #009.
Alpina B8 3.jpg
Alpina B8 3.jpg (1.71 MiB) Viewed 1250 times
To my even more surprise after hearing that Mark would be taking the B8 for a run up the hill I positioned myself to see it start up and head up the hill, only to get a tap on the shoulder from Ben, asking if I'd like to go up the hill with Mark, clearly didn't need to ask me twice I was in the passenger seat before my wife knew what was going on.
Mark mad it very clear he was not pushing it as its the only one and more than his job was worth if anything happened to it, even so he gave it a roll on throttle pull away, not a full launch, and it was still brutal. Effortless pick for such a heavy and big car. So impressive.
Then once we got to the top of the hill its a short loop back through the village back up to the show which he put the car in Comfort plus and it just glided along. A very special car but one I'm not sure many of us will see much of. (unless the new owners are keen to join meets etc).
This is as close as I'll get to driving one.
Alpina B8 2.jpg
Alpina B8 2.jpg (1.5 MiB) Viewed 1250 times
Black with Gold Decals
Upgraded Stereo system

B10BRW
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by B10BRW » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:01 pm

Is this the one they stuffed into the bales at Goodwood :?:
I was going to attend this event, but left it too late to refuel :oops: my B3S is running on fumes at the moment, will tuck it away until the stupidity calms down Swear

Bob
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Bob » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:15 am

Lucky boy Mark! 8)
B10BRW wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:01 pm
The one at Goodwood was a Green left hooker Brian
B3 3.2 TOURING #062

Wellsy
ALPI
ALPI

Post by Wellsy » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:45 am

B10BRW wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:01 pm
I was going to attend this event, but left it too late to refuel :oops: my B3S is running on fumes at the moment, will tuck it away until the stupidity calms down Swear
Hi ya, no the one at Goodwood was a pre production prototype and German. Bought over especially for Goodwood. This is the first UK model. I also understand from Norman that he met Jason at Simply BMW who has also ordered a B8. So that's two coming to the UK Already.
Black with Gold Decals
Upgraded Stereo system

Wellsy
ALPI
ALPI

Post by Wellsy » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:48 am

CaesarBob wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:15 am
Lucky boy Mark! 8)

Very lucky Bob, it was funny my wife said to me why don't you ask if you can go up the hill with them, No I said they wont allow that.... 5 mins later I'm strapped into the passenger seat with a grin from ear to ear. As new as it is it still felt familiar which is great too see. Same badges on the floor mat's, piano black trim, steering wheel stitching. A very nice place to sit.
I'm not a huge fan of the black decals, I think I will always be a silver wheels and gold decals man.
Black with Gold Decals
Upgraded Stereo system