B7, deal too good to be true?

ALPINA Costs - Insurance, Depreciation, Oil Usage

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

Ep41382

B7, deal too good to be true?

Post by Ep41382 » Tue May 09, 2023 5:36 pm

Quick background… always been a car guy, owned 8-10 “enthusiast” type vehicles but never an Alpina 🤪. Therefore I need your guys help.

I have the opportunity to purchase a 2013 B7 2wd (Black on Black) short wheel base car. Two owner (TX & FL), clean history, very well kept. Dash is good, has all the goodies including 21’ wheels and upgraded stereo. It does have 3 panels of paintwork (front bumper, fender, door) but no bolts turned and everything lines up. Car comes with original BMW literature but no service records. Car currently does need a new 02 sensor (throwing code). CarFax and AutoCheck show fairly regular service dates.

My question is what is this car worth? I know it’s worth what someone is willing to pay yadda yadda but what’s the market? It’s hard to find comps due to rarity as you guys know. My price is south of 23000usd which imo seems like a very good deal. I’d love to get the experts thoughts and opinions. I appreciate your time and look forward to hearing opinions.

Charles

Re: B7, deal too good to be true?

Post by Charles » Tue May 09, 2023 6:28 pm

The challenge is going to be knowing the US market (as I assume that is where you are) compared to the UK/Europe markets.
Charles
Teacher of Chemistry and driver of ALPINAs - not necessarily in that order ;)
B3S Touring (49/116) - been to the moon and now on the way back!
Renault Grand Espace - not mine but the wife's!

Ep41382

Post by Ep41382 » Tue May 09, 2023 6:34 pm

Ahh yes I probably should have clarified. I’m in the US. Not easy finding solid comps. Rare birds in these parts🤪

Charles

Post by Charles » Tue May 09, 2023 6:42 pm

We are beginning to gain a few US owners on here, so hopefully they will be along in due course with their thoughts
Charles
Teacher of Chemistry and driver of ALPINAs - not necessarily in that order ;)
B3S Touring (49/116) - been to the moon and now on the way back!
Renault Grand Espace - not mine but the wife's!