Jaguar XJL Portfolio

A place for us to discuss the cars we are currently testing before the road test comes out !

Moderator: neil

MarkWG
ALPINA
ALPINA

Jaguar XJL Portfolio

Post by MarkWG » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:57 pm

Well, that was a fun weekend! Back last summer I won a charity auction, which was a 4 day lend of the above machine; one which hadn't really ever featured in my world. Just a big politicians limo, I thought, but intrigued enough to bid, more intrigued than anyone else, as it turned out...

Wow, what a car! In spite of it's size, it hustled really well, so much car & so much kit! And 40+ mpg, too (3.0 V6 diesel version, I doubt the 5.0 V8 is that good...). 8 speed auto box, with paddles, sport & that lovely rotary dial. Being the "L" version, the back seats were in a different postcode, so parking was entertaining - front & rear sensors, & a rear camera linked to the steering so the guidelines turned too.

Niggles? The sat nav was a bit over complex to use, not as intuitive as some I've tried. The glove box uses a sensor which sensed everything, so kept opening without being officially invited. The boot didn't really seem that big.

Otherwise, a lovely machine - I'd seriously consider one, maybe more than the XF, which came as a surprise to me!

I_MNL
ALPINA
ALPINA
Location: Manchester, Cheshire and Hertfordshire! Driving on the motorways...

Post by I_MNL » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:34 pm

Well that you liked it!
You can understand now why I mainly drive an XJ for work up and down the country any time any day any wheather :lol:

And I keep my dearest D3 only for leisure long trips in Europe :D
And the name is Marie-Noëlle or nick name MNL, NOT Marie or Noëlle ALONE; unless if you are looking for someone else and not me!!!
Car: D3 saloon 2007 and...a couple of cats made in 2003! and a little Scooby WRX STi...

Arvi
ALPI
ALPI

Post by Arvi » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:00 pm

Quality! "the back seats were in a different postcode"

I do like the "'L", just need the money and the roads for it.

Hodge
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Hodge » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:17 pm

I must agree with the Satnav media centre, it's the same throughout the Land Rover Jaguar range and is frankly terrible to use if you come from a German brand, it's very similar to using an old Atari kit from the 90s and just doesn't feel right in cars costing up to £90k😳😳

Cheers
Mark Hodge

E46 B3s Coupe #19 (sold)
E46 B3s Touring #29 (sold)
Daily -
TTS DSG (Not for carrying dogs)
X5 M50d (For carrying dogs)
VW R32 MkIV (weekends)