Borrowed Matt's car for the day

A place for us to discuss the cars we are currently testing before the road test comes out !

Moderator: neil

neil
Administrator
Administrator

Borrowed Matt's car for the day

Post by neil » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:54 pm

http://www.thealpinaregister.com/photos ... /coupe/476

It's been a while since I drove a D3 Bi-Turbo so it was nice to reacquaint myself - the car is definitely how I remember it - although the power delivery was far more linear than I thought - no real peak just continual pull. Handling every bit as good as I remembered - even on the slightly wet roads ;)

I took a few short videos which I'll knock together and post up later.

ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA

Re: Borrowed Matt's car for the day

Post by ade and liz flint » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:51 pm

neil wrote:the power delivery was far more linear than I thought - no real peak just continual pull. Handling every bit as good as I remembered - even on the slightly wet roads ;)
Absolutely spot-on, Neil. Peach of a car, especially in the handling stakes: just not sure about the JPS-style logos :roll: I guess it's all so the brand is noticed while he's mooching around - good advertising, if a little 'loud'.

Is Matt's a manual? Is he in your 1er? :shock: :lol:

Look forward to the vids 8)
Current:
23MY Porsche Macan GTS in Papaya
23MY Cupra Born V3 77kW in Aurora

Previously loved:
ALPINA: E91 B3SBiturbo #127, E92 B3SBiturbo #285, E90 D3Biturbo #097, E85 Roadster S #168 & variety of 'beige' 4 and 6-cyl BMW lumps.
PORSCHE: Macan S, Cayman 981 S, Cayman 981 GTS

neil
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Borrowed Matt's car for the day

Post by neil » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:19 pm

ade and liz flint wrote:
neil wrote:the power delivery was far more linear than I thought - no real peak just continual pull. Handling every bit as good as I remembered - even on the slightly wet roads ;)
Absolutely spot-on, Neil. Peach of a car, especially in the handling stakes: just not sure about the JPS-style logos :roll: I guess it's all so the brand is noticed while he's mooching around - good advertising, if a little 'loud'.

Is Matt's a manual? Is he in your 1er? :shock: :lol:

Look forward to the vids 8)
Video is uploading as we speak - i'm absent from it this time - just car ;)

I'm back in the 1er now

Got to drive something else too - but more about that later

Oh and the D3 is a switchtronic

neil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by neil » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:53 pm

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6FdeS1sgo-Y?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6FdeS1sgo-Y?ve ... p;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

PerryGunn
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by PerryGunn » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:41 am

Definitely got.to look at a D3BT when Cindy's lease car is up for.renewal - over 2 years left so hopefully a F30-based D3BT will be out by then - according to the current rules, we.can pick anything witb a max capacity of 2l diesel, so should be fine

Given the build quality of our current F20 1 series a F30 based D3BT should be a wonderful place to park your bum :-)

Perry
Last edited by PerryGunn on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alpina Roadster S #320
BMW X3 F25 LCI 30d

mr dalive
ALPI
ALPI

Post by mr dalive » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:10 am

Stunning car & superb video Neil
BMW ALPINA B3 3.3 Cabriolet #011

Mitsubishi Shogun 3.5gdi (the family workhorse)