2021 BMW Alpina or M50i

The place to talk about ALPINAs.
e.g. News, Reviews, Insurance, Warranties, Running Costs, Sightings, general questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

21Alpinax7

2021 BMW Alpina or M50i

Post by 21Alpinax7 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:20 pm

Guys, I am not new to BMW and I am learning more about Alpina, JUST BOUGHT 2021 X7 M50i but has ALPINA SPEDO unit. Every M50i that I looked at on carfax for sale and all 971 I looked at ALL had the X7 m50i spedo and said X7 M50i on it. I have crystal shifter, the titanium colored hockey stick trim, all m50i were body colors, its the Purple Anthrite? color, has Alpina XB7 on back, Alpina center logo on steering wheel and the Boot. My best friend has a M50i and I dust him by few SAV lengths, his has massive body roll, I have Sport Plus with rear wheel steering. I HAVE ORIGIONAL sticker and No Dynamic handling package. But the I-Drive controller no Allina logo on it?.. No 20 spoke wheels has 22" Y Spokes.

I bought here in Boca Raton Florida and it belonged to a Billionaire on a LEASE for 11 months, They have bought special production cars in past. What do I have here? That Alpina Blue Speedo cluster can't just be interchanged by home mechanic. I was next going to look for double chassis numbers with 1 crossed out but has a black carpet inside firewall and covers shock towers so without ripping it away anyone have suggestions...?

PS the Engine cover has the M POWERED plastic cover and brakes are M and Blue... was first registered March 18 2021 in Florida.... In 3 weeks I have had it, beat X5M by 2 feet...? they are lighter... Handles better than my older E46 M3 CSL and by best buddy his X7 m50i handles like a Fat Pig.

I wrote someone claiming same in Canada but he had an additional 2nd sticker but it was on 8.5x11 Paper Started with Sticker price of M50i and options PLUS listed Alpina Upgrade of $31,480 CAD or Canadian, I thought he was faker, DONT ALPINA XB7 have there own window sticker, not the 2 separate stickers..? This was 1st year for XB7 could this be a FAVOR by BMW for Rich Clients who buy allot of cars?

Thanks for any clues, advice or Information anyone can provide, First owner was Woman which only made it more confusing.... NO AL[INA FRONT OR REAR DIFFUSERS either, makes no sense, Help...

Thanks everyone, I hope someone can easily figure this out....

21Alpinax7

Re: 2021 BMW Alpina or M50i

Post by 21Alpinax7 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:25 pm

I have also had this over 140mph and still pulling, for 5900 pound vehicle.

AG
ALPINA
ALPINA

Re: 2021 BMW Alpina or M50i

Post by AG » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:59 pm

Sounds like its an XB7 Alpina to me. Although they were obviously so wealthy they didn't care what they bought as long as it was very expensive and didn't really care how it was disposed of by the sounds of things! But why a women 01st owner as being confusing?

Not sure if the US XB7's are the same as the US B7's where as they are still listed as their normal base car and carry that base cars vin, but I don't believe you'll have a double chassis number with one crossed through though, that's a practice that's being stopped on all new cars.
Former BMW CC 7 register chairman

2000 e39 B10 V8 Touring
1985 e23 B10 (sold)
1995 B3 saloon switchtronic (sold)