Sad News: The End of Second VIN Numbers

The place to talk about ALPINAs.
e.g. News, Reviews, Insurance, Warranties, Running Costs, Sightings, general questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

simon13
ALPINA
ALPINA

Re: Sad News: The End of Second VIN Numbers

Post by simon13 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:36 pm

also all sytner built cars have 1 vin like e28 e30 e24 e34 e32 era UK cars. Everyone knows how easy it is to trace identify genuine cars from this lot with a missing service book etc :lol:

nealpina
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by nealpina » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:55 pm

Marc 76 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:43 pm
On a positive note it may be easier to get a replacement windscreen without the operator on the phone saying something like "Hmm, Alpina, its not bringing anything up... Is it a motorhome?"
Not sure but I think the V5 will still say ALPINA, BMW ALPINA, or ALPINA BMW.

My B3 has been updated by DVLA when checking car tax/MOT from BMW unknown (I think or something similar, need to double-check V5), to BMW ALPINA
Oscar Wilde & Burkard Bovensiepen: I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

ALPINA B3 3.2 Coupe Switch-Tronic ALPINA Blue
ALPINA B10 3.3 Saloon Manual Mora Metallic

nealpina
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by nealpina » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:05 pm

simon13 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:36 pm
also all sytner built cars have 1 vin like e28 e30 e24 e34 e32 era UK cars. Everyone knows how easy it is to trace identify genuine cars from this lot with a missing service book etc :lol:
I think that is a tongue and cheek due to the :lol: :wink:

I would have agreed with you until the hybrid VIN was mentioned. A single VIN will still start with WAP, therefore easily identifiable as an ALPINA (but without ALPINA options)
Oscar Wilde & Burkard Bovensiepen: I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

ALPINA B3 3.2 Coupe Switch-Tronic ALPINA Blue
ALPINA B10 3.3 Saloon Manual Mora Metallic