still here

The place to talk about ALPINAs.
e.g. News, Reviews, Insurance, Warranties, Running Costs, Sightings, general questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

rodbargee
AL
AL

still here

Post by rodbargee » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:11 pm

As it says Still here, and still enjoying the B5, its got a sleeper advert on car and classics but to date no serious enquirys.

Most recent mechanical activity was new OE rear disks and pads. Main dealer trauma, as expected so wasn't a surprise when it happened. (numerous visits to find the wrong discs ordered and eventaually when the right parts fitted, poor adjustment of rear Hand brake shoes resulted in them having to be repaced after they disintergrated.) No complaints about the way they sorted the problem but obviously would have preferred it to have just been right the first time. Oil service brilliantly handled at Nottingham with the best covid system I've yet seen. (needless to say it wasn't Nottingham who cocked up the disks)

So just hunkererd down really and taking a break from the FB Which is just rubbish and too confrontational. Looking forward to a northern meet up some time, I I have an offer of a marke specific space for around ten cars- ish at the Stokesley classics on show, show. if it happens should know After the new year so Maybe see you all there... Adam

hap
ALPINA
ALPINA

Re: still here

Post by hap » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:42 pm

Hey up Adam good to hear I about
Have to confess I was surprised yours didn’t sell quickly being quite a rare colour for a B5
Yes northern or midland big alpina meet sounds good

rodbargee
AL
AL

Re: still here

Post by rodbargee » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:48 pm

I'm not that worried Hap I only advertised it on one of the CC free adverts Its still a pleasure to own and drive, I also have a full warranty for parts and labour so its well covererd the stokesley show if they hold it is good fun and plenty of interesting stuff always in attendance. It would nice to get a gathering there! easy to get to just 8 miles off the A19 and literally on the begining of the B1257 to Helmsley great driving road.