E46 B3 Touring Required : Longshot I know!

Desperate for something for your ALPINA.<br>
Ask here and hopefully someone can sort you out.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA

E46 B3 Touring Required : Longshot I know!

Post by ade and liz flint » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:32 pm

It's been noted by a few members (thanks) that I have been on the hunt for a B3 touring recently. As I have sold #285 and hand her over on the 3rd October, I have a wish to have an Auto touring at my disposal as my manual Astra has some limitations for me, and I actually have a buyer lined-up for it if I obtain a B3 soon. If there is nothing suitable, I'll just stay as-is.

I'd hoped to get Darren's B3S touring from NI, but we can't sort out getting it into my hands, so that's a miss (I can't travel to NI, he's in Samoa!) and I missed B3 3.3 #107 by a few hours as I was still trying to get B3S #29 into my grasp until Monday morning.

So, I want a well-maintained, great historied, tidy B3 3.3 or S if possible, or anything else that may tickle my fancy. Cash is waiting for the right car, but I need to sort it before I cancel my B3SBT insurance, so if you have anything, let me know ASAP.

This is purely a fill-in car between selling #285 and acquiring my next car in summer 2015, so I want something I can maintain and keep desirable for the next owner, too, and I don't want a project as this needs to be useable from day 1.

Oh, and no B10's: my winter wheels won't fit!

Cheers
Current:
23MY Porsche Macan GTS in Papaya
23MY Cupra Born V3 77kW in Aurora

Previously loved:
ALPINA: E91 B3SBiturbo #127, E92 B3SBiturbo #285, E90 D3Biturbo #097, E85 Roadster S #168 & variety of 'beige' 4 and 6-cyl BMW lumps.
PORSCHE: Macan S, Cayman 981 S, Cayman 981 GTS

markbannister
ALPIN
ALPIN

Post by markbannister » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:59 pm

I assume you have seen the one in Somerset for sale on PH for just shy of £8k?
Mark B

ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ade and liz flint » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:02 pm

markbannister wrote:I assume you have seen the one in Somerset for sale on PH for just shy of £8k?
That was #107 I mentioned in the OP (he hasn't removed his ads) and I chased after it last weekend to miss out to its new owner SpeedyJames who was speedier than I! :lol: He got a seemingly very good car...the ads don't tell the full story.
Current:

Previously loved:
ALPINA: E91 B3SBiturbo #127, E92 B3SBiturbo #285, E90 D3Biturbo #097, E85 Roadster S #168 & variety of 'beige' 4 and 6-cyl BMW lumps.

ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ade and liz flint » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:40 pm

Update: I have received one offer of a car for sale already and a very, very kind offer in another unexpected manner which I am exploring further.

Still, if anyone has anything of interest, please let me know: I'm still looking whilst exploring the other option in case there are obstacles.

Thanks all
Current:

Previously loved:

simon13
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by simon13 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:47 pm

theres a silver B3s saloon with a crap advert on ebay? Or is the big boot a must?

Theres a manual B10 3.3 touring available still i think too that i nearly went for a few weeks ago

ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ade and liz flint » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:00 pm

simon13 wrote:theres a silver B3s saloon with a crap advert on ebay? Or is the big boot a must?

Theres a manual B10 3.3 touring available still i think too that i nearly went for a few weeks ago
Must have a touring load area: hound to move around :roll: I'd spotted that saloon and if I didn't need the boot I'd have already grabbed it as I'd love another 'S' for a while. It is a shocking advert!

Manual is no good to me as I can't easily use a clutch these days.

Thanks for input, though: appreciated. With luck there may be an 8-cyl rumble in our neighbourhood soon.... 8) Nice short-term ALPINA fix :D
Current:

Previously loved:

jolls
ALPIN
ALPIN

Post by jolls » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:12 pm

Ade - the car wouldn't be about 13 years old and belong to a forum member would it?

ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ade and liz flint » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:21 pm

jolls wrote:Ade - the car wouldn't be about 13 years old and belong to a forum member would it?
Maybe....Why do you ask? :wink:
Current:

Previously loved:

jolls
ALPIN
ALPIN

Post by jolls » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:38 pm

Genuinely interested that's all. And I must say I for one miss your contribution to these forums.

ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ade and liz flint » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:49 pm

jolls wrote:Genuinely interested that's all. And I must say I for one miss your contribution to these forums.
Thanks. I'll let you know when/if it can all be arranged. Looks promising ATM with one or two obstacles to be negotiated to ensure they don't trip up the deal. Could be a busy Winter/Spring polishing and buffing at this rate :lol:

I feel very guilty only posting when I WANT something. However, the past cannot be rewritten and some pricks go deeply under the skin.
Current:

Previously loved:

Chas
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Chas » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:55 am

ade and liz flint wrote:However, the past cannot be rewritten and some pricks go deeply under the skin.
If there's one thing I've learned after years of contributing to forums it's the need to maintain a sense of humility, and to grow a thick skin.

I was roundly chastised by the mods when I started adding my inane drivel to the Alpina forum. I thought I was clever and funny and that everyone else cared about what I wanted to say. I was wrong. I often wish the past could be rewritten but it's probably good that it can't; we need to learn from the past, not change it.

There are a number of contributors on every forum that many others wish were not there. Some are downright ugly, some are just ignorant, some are subtle and political. Despite their posting style, many of them are decent people who undergo a slight pesonality change when they are given a keyboard and think they have an audience.

By far the best quality of this forum is the relative lack of these characters. That's due in no small part to the style of moderation employed. It's subtle but generally effective. It's not perfect but nothing on a forum ever is. It's not a job I would relish.

This forum has a common purpose which is the sharing of knowledge and experience of the cars we enjoy. Anything which detracts from that purpose or attempts to be snide and divisive is distinctly unwelcome. If anyone wants to have a rant they can do so on the guest blog but they should be prepared for contrary opinions - and be prepared to consider those opinions are valid.

We all know that opinions are like ar$eholes. It just so happens that some ar$eholes produce more diarrhea than others. I'm still guilty of occasionally thinking my sh!t smells sweeter than others. It's all relative.

There are loads of forums out there but this is by far the best. It reinforces my assumptions about the character of the marque and those to whom it appeals. I don't want to see it being dragged down in the slightest as a result of anyone's sensitive skin.

ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ade and liz flint » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:54 am

Chas wrote:We all know that opinions are like ar$eholes.
Indeed. So I keep mine well wiped and out of everyone else's business these days unless invited or I have uselful information in my inventory that they should have access to.

The written crap I received on the forum was hurtful: yes. These days I have very thin skin (you should try it...but maybe not), so I decided that was an unneccesary hurt. The bigger hurt came not from what was written on the forum, but what was said off-forum by a 3rd party who should know better.

I shall therefore maintain my distance and those that know me or want any help I may be able to give do and can contact me privately. That way I preserve what little sanity I have remaining :shock:

I intensely dislike coming on here asking for something I need whilst not contributing positively. I guess the one positive contribution I made recently was someone else having the opportunity to own my B3SBiturbo as a result of my posts on here. For that I am grateful, and I know they will enjoy the finest car I have ever driven (almost?) or owned. I think the B10 V8-owning new owner was as impressed as I have always been with the B3's switchtronic, steering, ride and handling prowess: the ability of which he felt badly showed-up the age of his B10. Wonder if it felt low-rent when he stepped back into his 911 GT3 RS to drive home, though :lol:

Back to Original Subject.....I have had another helpful offer which I will pursue with the offerer if the 3rd party involved is willing to consider it. Bullsh!t-speak, I know, but it may well come to nowt so I won't say too much until we know if it's an option. I fear it may not be, which would be a shame for all sides.

So, a (very kind) probable, a possible and one refusal already in less than 24hours. Can't complain at that response level. Cheers all!
Current:

Previously loved:

A4PNA
ALP
ALP
Location: UK Kent, Medway and CapeTown, South Africa, Puerto Rico San Juan

hi

Post by A4PNA » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:32 pm

simon13 wrote:theres a silver B3s saloon with a crap advert on ebay? Or is the big boot a must?

Is it the one for 5 k look alright, ad isnt great. What you think its worth in the real world? I still have my b3 thats running fine, but getting that 3 year itch lol :lol:
Jaw drops when bank balance gets checked.
Three people you dont mess with.. Your Dentist, Lawyer and Accountant.
**ITS Better to BURN out than to Fade Away**
http://thealpinaregister.com/forums/alb ... pic_id=392

/o(O)(O) \ (illlllllll) (llllllllli) / (O)(O)o\

A4PNA
ALP
ALP
Location: UK Kent, Medway and CapeTown, South Africa, Puerto Rico San Juan

hi

Post by A4PNA » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:42 pm

Its not all about the destination its what you travel in to get you there lol..
2 rather deep comments posted above... to deep for a wed lol
Jaw drops when bank balance gets checked.
Three people you dont mess with.. Your Dentist, Lawyer and Accountant.
**ITS Better to BURN out than to Fade Away**
http://thealpinaregister.com/forums/alb ... pic_id=392

/o(O)(O) \ (illlllllll) (llllllllli) / (O)(O)o\

ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA

Re: hi

Post by ade and liz flint » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:46 pm

A4PNA wrote: What you think its worth in the real world?
What's it worth? What someone will pay. How is the gearbox: serviced or no? How are the suspension arms/bushes? Shocks and springs? Any signs of usual E46 corrosion? How is the head gasket? It's in 'worry range', so a drop test is essential.

Get the ALPINA steering wheel properly refurbed (not a Royal Steering Wheels grey fattie) and back on, assess the condition, repair and paint the front and what? £7.5k? Trouble is you could pay more than £2,5k to get it 'right'. If I was able to go and view I'd probably take the project on at £5k and return her to beautifulness. I could use a winter project! Shame she's silver, though :lol:
A4PNA wrote:2 rather deep comments posted above... to deep for a wed lol
You can skip any post you don't fancy :lol:
Maybe they're deep, or maybe just profound. It is Wednesday after all :!:
Current:

Previously loved: