D3 bi turbo ac condenser

Got a question about your ALPINA ask it here !
You've got the car now you need to know something, techincal advice, specific questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

d3-blue
A
A

D3 bi turbo ac condenser

Post by d3-blue » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:54 pm

Hi all, my d3 bi turbo needs a new condenser for the ac system however a search through the usual sites doesn`t really bring up any results, presumably because it`s an alpina. I`ve been to BMW who quoted £360 for the part and said it`s the same as a normal 4 cylinder 3 series, Has anyone on here replaced the part and can tell me what they ordered and where from? any advice will be much appreciated :)

Thanks in advance

James
Alpina d3 bi turbo

ex;
Audi tt black edition
Ford focus rs ,mk2
Alpina d3, no 454
mini cooper s
evo ix fq320,
focus rsmk1
civic type r,
206 gti

Charles

Re: D3 bi turbo ac condenser

Post by Charles » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:23 am

I'm 99% certain that the part is standard BMW found on the donor car. By using the original BMW partial VIN in the windscreen should allow correct part numbers to be identified.
Charles
Teacher of Chemistry and driver of ALPINAs - not necessarily in that order ;)
B3S Touring (49/116) - been to the moon and now on the way back!
Renault Grand Espace - not mine but the wife's!

DogWagen
ALP
ALP

Re: D3 bi turbo ac condenser

Post by DogWagen » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:17 pm

Changed out the condenser and receiver/dryer on my B3s not that long ago - both standard BMW Parts so I'd be surprised if yours was any different.

Bought a Hella (they own Behr who were the BMW OE for cooling products) Premium Line from AutoDoc.de - admittedly pre-covid and was about £110 for the Condenser. It take a week or so to arrive but other than that, all good.