Classic car addition?

Place to discuss your non-ALPINA car / problems with your car

Moderator: neil

PamelaVermons

Post by PamelaVermons » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:44 pm

I have Ford Mustang..I just love my car it is truly amazing.

MikeR
ALPIN
ALPIN

Post by MikeR » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:55 pm

Allard looks amazing!

Highlight of Ford so far - asked to take part in local car show - parked in a graveyard amongst the tombstones! Bit weird! http://www.foht.org.uk/Events/2012/CarShow8.php
Anyway, there were some amazing cars there whilst ours is well worn when up close (particularly the interior) and one chap asked me what my plans for it were - I said keep it on the road and take the kids out often. Through the day various kids came along and jumped in. Later on the same chap came back and said "You know, yours is my favourite car here, because it's the one I feel will introduce old cars to more kids than any other" - I rather liked that! :lol:

CharlesM
ALP
ALP

Post by CharlesM » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:07 pm

That's super. It looks like an old car that children would know and love from books etc. I think it is brilliant to keep these things on the road.

My nieces are now teenagers and I have been instructed not to embarrass them by turning up in an old car. The elder one who is 15 said when she saw my Citroen SM for the first time, in that sincere insincere voice only practised dissimulators have "very nice Uncle Charles" - then sotto voce with feeling "please don't pick me up in it".

I almost re-wrote the will at that point. They are hopeless neo-philes who would much prefer me to have one, brand new shiny thing than the weird collection I have!

MikeR
ALPIN
ALPIN

Post by MikeR » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:57 pm

PamelaVermons wrote:I have Ford Mustang..I just love my car it is truly amazing.
Pics?!