Estate Agents....

Place to talk about Fast cars in general

Moderator: neil

shaziman
ALPINA
ALPINA

Estate Agents....

Post by shaziman » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:12 pm

Is there an unwrtitten rule that all estate agent employees must be totally incompetant and spend the whole time telling you that even somewhere that is dog ugly is 'bootiful'...

Went to see a house yesterday and it was a nice setting, but the fact that you had to do 2 x 3 point turns to get down the drive couldn't be ignored. The road was super steep and when i questioned the estate agents about it they said 'oooh its no problem at all, you can zoom up there.' Couldn't help but notice that on almost the hottest day of the year so far and likely to be for the rest of the year, the current owners had 2 4x4's and both were fitted with winter tyres...

Sometmes i wish they would just shut up and let you see the wood from the trees!
1995 E36 B3.0 Convertible (rebodied)
1996 E36 B3.2 Touring No:20 - 1 of 5 made
1997 E36 B3.2 Touring No:36 - 1 of 5 made
1999 E36 323 Sport Touring
2011 E92 D3 Bi-turbo no.246 (santorini blue)
2019 Fiat Fullback
2020 Mini Countryman SE (PHEV)
Alpina, BMW and Detailing Enthusiast

jamesa
ALPINA
ALPINA

Re: Estate Agents....

Post by jamesa » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:48 pm

shaziman wrote:Is there an unwrtitten rule that all estate agent employees must be totally incompetant and spend the whole time telling you that even somewhere that is dog ugly is 'bootiful'...
Yes ... that and many other things !

My least favourite profession and have fortunately avoided them for 90% of our moves :D
Ex. B10 V8 Touring #160 Alpina Blue : Current M2 DCT (OG)

shaziman
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by shaziman » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:32 am

Agreed, one of the most highly paid, and the most useless!!
1995 E36 B3.0 Convertible (rebodied)
1996 E36 B3.2 Touring No:20 - 1 of 5 made
1997 E36 B3.2 Touring No:36 - 1 of 5 made
1999 E36 323 Sport Touring
2011 E92 D3 Bi-turbo no.246 (santorini blue)
2019 Fiat Fullback
2020 Mini Countryman SE (PHEV)
Alpina, BMW and Detailing Enthusiast

jasmy500

Re: Estate Agents....

Post by jasmy500 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:35 pm

Recently, I replied to a BH Forum post entitled "What is the worst financial decision that you ever made?". I replied that the worst financial decision i ever made was to become a real estate agent after college. Some suggested that i do a separate post outlining the pros and cons of a career in real estate sales based on my experiences, which led me to post the following. During that phase of my career, i did both commercial and residential sales and leasing. While being different property types, the business models are essentially the same. I will start with the cons because they are so numerous which are describe here https://kuavo.co.uk/

My experience is that while real estate investing and development can be very lucrative, being a sales agent is a fools errand that is fraught with both personal and economic liabilities. It is not much better for the owners of these brokerages either. Fortunately, i was able to parlay my real estate experience into a real estate-related government career that is much more stable while also investing and managing my own properties. So it was not all for naught, but most aren't so lucky. If you have worked in the industry and can share your experiences please do. If there are more PROS to being an agent i am not aware of them. Personally, i would never recommend a career in real estate sales to anyone.