more photos (8)
|owned by Rob.|
33,000 miles, Silver. 6 speed with Lux Pack (additional £3,000 when new) which includes Blue Tooth phone prep with steering wheel controls, cruise control and European 2007 3D sat nav (£300 upgrade at BMW), more responsive steering and uprated handling.
This car has every conceivable extra and cost in the region of £45,000 when new! (including £3,000 for the optional hardtop, the stand and cover and another £3000 for the Lux pack).
Huge specification including:
• Engine – 3.4 litre straight 6, hand built in Germany. This is a non VANOS BMW engine so is more reliable than the M roadster (VANOS is BMW's version of variable valve timing which is renowned for breaking at a staggering cost of £3000+ to repair!!)
• Manual ZF S6-37 six-speed manual gearbox, developed to Alpina;
• Alpina build No. 186;
• FBMWsh and 9,000 until the next service (which is a standard oil service)
• ABS, Traction control, anti slip control;
• Alarm/immobiliser, Proximity sensors for when the roof is down;
• Radio/CD and 6CD Changer;
• Air conditioning, Climate control,
• Electric heated mirrors,
• Electric windows,
• Fog lights,
• Power assisted steering,
• Remote central locking;
• Parking distance control;
• Cruise Control;
• Headlight Washers;
• Auto lights/wipers;
• BMW Business stereo with excellent sound quality and 6 CD multi changer;
• On-board computer for trip, MPG, distance, fuel remaining etc etc;
• Passenger side airbag disable function (unlike a previous 350z so you could never carry a child in the passenger seat!);
• Reverse parking sensors;
• Alpina body kit, extended Alpina leather interior (Dash, Centre Console, Door Handles/Trims);
• Alpina embossed, Heated, electric memory seats with 3 memory settings;
• Alpina Multi functioning steering wheel with phone and stereo controls;
• Dials designed by German designer Borg;
• 19" ALPINA Dynamic alloys with Front size: 8.5' x 19', 235/35ZR19; Rear size: 9.5' x 19', 265/30ZR19 Michellin Pilot Sport tyres;
• ALPINA wind deflector;
• Alpina floor mats;
• Alpina tax disk holder and even Alpina key ring!
• Alpina leather document folder containing all service books, brochures;
• 3 sets of keys, including the service key;
All other normal extras (black electric folding roof with heated glass rear window. BMW Alarm/Immobiliser, Locking wheel nuts).
• Colour coded hard top with stand and cover
• Lux Pack.
If you are considering this or an M roadster (as I did), here are a few factors to consider and why I chose the ALPINA over the M:
• The Alpina is hand built so is free from all squeaks, rattles and shakes;
• It is considerably cheaper to buy than a comparable M roadster;
• M roadsters are often higher mileage as they are available as company cars!
• Alpina's are pampered by enthusiast owners;
• It is a lot rare than an M roadster and will retain more value over time;
• The Alpina has over 2500 changes to the car over a standard Z4, not just the engine but the body styling and the opulent luxury interior, the M roadster inside looks and feels like a standard Z4, the Alpina feels special;
• An inspection 2 service on any 'M' car is in the thousands. Servicing costs for the Alpina are in line with a standard Z4 (less than half an M service);
• The M roadster gets a combined fuel economy figure of around 22mpg, the Alpina gets a combined 28mpg and often mid 30's on the motorway!
• This is a non VANOS BMW engine so is more reliable than the M roadster (VANOS is BMW's version of variable valve timing which is renowned for breaking at a staggering cost of £3000+ to repair!!).
The Roadster S utilises the renowned Alpina 3.4 litre six, hand-built in Buchloe, Germany. Outstanding performance courtesy of the 300bhp available at 6,300rpm and the Roadster S' low kerb weight of 1320kg, together yielding a 0-60mph sprint time of just 5.0 seconds (German tests confirm actually 4.9). Top speed is 169mph without the hardtop, 176mph with. 362Nm (266 lb-ft) of torque is generated at 4800rpm, yet the real key to the Roadster S' breathtaking elasticity is the availability of 90% of maximum torque from 3000rpm to 6500rpm.
Fantastic condition, a much pampered car. The car is regularly 'detailed' and finished off using high grade Brazilian Carnuba wax for a hard protective finish.
I looked at as many as I could before this one (still, there were only 3 available nationwide!) and this one is by far the cleanest and most looked after. This is my second Alpina roadster, I love them so much i bought a second one (previous was number 068 on an 04 reg)
My reason for considering a sale is that I simply do not use so I am going to either buy an Alfa GT Blackline to get to work and back, or treat myself to either a Maserati Gransport or SLK 55 AMG, for occasional days out (also has an auto box for sitting in motorway traffic!!).
I have done a national search and have looked at Sytners etc and with the mileage and condition, they seem to be going for £20-£21k, so with the additional £3,000 hardtop, stand and cover I would be looking at selling privately around the £20,500 mark, which seems more than fair. There are a few at the £18k - £19k mark, but they are older, higher mileage, not in the same colour (best combination)or are without Lux pack or/and hardtop.
I am in no rush to sell, especially in the current market, so no silly offers please. Any questions just ask.
More photos to follow when we get good weather!
No timewasters, chit-chatters or tyre kickers please, only genuine enquiries.
For Sale: (33,000 miles)
Last Updated: 10:12 PM, 5th December 2008 Car Added: 30th November 2008