Hello to Matthew Stripling the new UK ALPINA Brand Manager

Rather than clog up the General Forum we'll keep these seperate.
Please check here for Frequently asked questions on Road Tax, Security, Running Costs, Insurance Costs etc.
ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ade and liz flint » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:07 pm

PATAKET wrote:Sytner Nottingham have five approved used Alpinas on there @ 8/10/10. As far as I can see the only one that is described even remotely accurately is the B5 saloon. We also have:

Alpina B3 3.2 Convertible Switchtronic Auto 2008. It's a B3 BT Conv.

Alpina B3 S 3.4 Coupe Manual 2008. It's a B3 BT Coupe. Auto obviously.

B3 Bi Turbo Coupe Manual 2007. Correct....except it's an Auto.

And best of all:
Un Alpina 2007 Auto. It's a D3 Touring. Manual.
Yes, we'd spotted that too....was a bit of a nightmare when we were buying ours as it was impossible to compare like-for-like cars using their website. Why is it so much worse than the Un-Alpina BMW's :?:
Current:
23MY Porsche Macan GTS in Papaya
23MY Cupra Born V3 77kW in Aurora

Previously loved:
ALPINA: E91 B3SBiturbo #127, E92 B3SBiturbo #285, E90 D3Biturbo #097, E85 Roadster S #168 & variety of 'beige' 4 and 6-cyl BMW lumps.
PORSCHE: Macan S, Cayman 981 S, Cayman 981 GTS

PATAKET
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by PATAKET » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:17 pm

ade and liz flint wrote:Why is it so much worse than the Un-Alpina BMW's :?:
Would be good to get a response to that. With the exception of the black D3 Saloon I forgot to mention which is described correctly, all these vehicles have an asking price in excess of £20k so it would be reasonable to expect they could, as a minimum, get the basics right.

PÃ¥ Taket

ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ade and liz flint » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:21 pm

PATAKET wrote:
ade and liz flint wrote:Why is it so much worse than the Un-Alpina BMW's :?:
Would be good to get a response to that. With the exception of the black D3 Saloon I forgot to mention which is described correctly, all these vehicles have an asking price in excess of £20k so it would be reasonable to expect they could, as a minimum, get the basics right.

PÃ¥ Taket
...and let's be honest, an Alpina 'virgin' would like to know what he gets for his extra dosh :idea:
Current:
23MY Porsche Macan GTS in Papaya
23MY Cupra Born V3 77kW in Aurora

Previously loved:
ALPINA: E91 B3SBiturbo #127, E92 B3SBiturbo #285, E90 D3Biturbo #097, E85 Roadster S #168 & variety of 'beige' 4 and 6-cyl BMW lumps.
PORSCHE: Macan S, Cayman 981 S, Cayman 981 GTS

Nattyboy
ALP
ALP

Post by Nattyboy » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:39 pm

Evening guys

I thought you might like to share my experience.

As you may know from other threads, I've being looking to change up from my original D3 to a biturbo and as I was around Nottingham on business I made an appointment with Matt to test drive a switchtronic.

If I'm honest, my experience with other Sytner sites has been very average in the past (Coventry take the award for the worst leaving me waiting/ignoring me for 20 minutes at the service reception and not resetting the service indicator when they'd finished !), but Matt at Nottingham made my colleague and I very welcome, couldnt do enough for us (straight in with the coffees and the test route was spot on ;>)), but most importantly he seemed to have a genuine enthusiasm for the brand.

BMW UK/AG are my biggest customer and the gulf in professionalism across dealers is (worryingly) huge. Nottingham certainly rank amongst my better experiences !
*SOLD* D3 Biturbo Coupe #146
BMW 320d M Sport Touring
Ducati 888
RGV250 Lucky Strike
Porsche 997 C4S Aerokit
Toyota IQ3

JEP700

Post by JEP700 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:35 am

Hi Matt

Firstly I would like to say thank you to yourself and Jessica for giving me the opportunity to drive the new B5 Bi Turbo up the hill at GFOS 2011. It was good to finally meet you and we had a great day. Please also pass on my thanks to Louise at Canary Wharf for passing on my details.

There have been a number of posts regarding customer service I have noticed and like a few before me I have had bad experiences at Sytner in the past at Chigwell and Harold Wood. I originally lived in that area and even after moving to Berkshire kept taking my Alpinas back to be serviced from where I bought my first at Harold Wood.

This year I decided to give Sytner Sunningdale a try and have taken both my B5 and B3 to be serviced and MOT'd. On both occasions I was looked after extreemly well and as a result have had my faith restored in Sytners ability to give good post sales service to my Alpinas and this has so far prevented me from replacing them with a Ferrari or an Aston.

Again, it was good to meet and I am sure I will be in touch when the new B6 Convertable is available - I was tempted by the new B5 but it did not feel as sure footed as my current B5 and does not allow me to take the roof off like my B3...

Cheers,
Jason
----------------------------------
Bentley Continental GTC Speed 2010
(Black)
Alpina B3 Bi Turbo CC 2008 #063
(Alpina Green) *unSOLD* - it's back! :o)
Ferrari F430 F1 Spider 2006
(Grigio Titanio) *SOLD*
Alpina B5 Saloon 2005 #006
(Black) *SOLD*
http://www.fastsaloons.com/newsstory.ph ... 567&type=9
Alpina B3S Cabrio 2003 #125
(Alpina Blue) *SOLD*