1/2-1-2008 - A back dated one ! What did you get for Xmas

Ramblings and thoughts from Neil
neil
Administrator
Administrator

1/2-1-2008 - A back dated one ! What did you get for Xmas

Post by neil » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:57 pm

I asked this last year and thought it was worth posting again.

As I've already revealed I treated myself / the B8 to a cover...

I also treated myself to a Tomtom 720.... (thanks to some stored up nectar points)

Working well just getting to grips with everything (the non-GPS stuff - bluetooth hands free, MP3, FM transmitter etc...)

Apart from that I got one of these (checking back Alex got one last year)

I've just about got this trimmed right, so that it hovers really well - still getting to grips with getting it to fly forwards and backwards - :?: Alex !!

Apart from that I got a few CDS - Radio Live lounge vol2 / Radio 1 establish 1967 and Sugababes new one change.

Harry is getting to an interesting age and so he got a toy I wanted too !

Scalextrics has finally become the toy I always wanted - the cars can drift and spin and go in both directions - on top of all that the Police car has a siren and lights :)

The Girls got fustratingly girly things and apart from an electronic keyboard - which is currently infruiating me and making me regret dropping piano lessons at Grade 2 !!

My brother-in-law got the biggest toy of them all - another one for Alex...

26CC - and aparently capable of 80mph - I've had a couple of goes but so far he's broken it everytime he's had it out ! He's already fitted a sports exhaust and is looking at putting disc brakes on next !!

How about you lot ??

Simon Davey
ALPI
ALPI

Post by Simon Davey » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:27 pm

Obviously I got one of the best Christmas presents that you could ask for:

Or was that supposed to be a picture of the new(ish) Robert Plant and Alison Krauss CD (and Mothership, and the remastered DTS 5.1 The Song Remains The Same).

And a large bill from Chas for various hideously expensive B8 and B10BT bits.... :-(
AM DBS V8 Red / Tan (1971)
E70 Sapphire Black 4.8i SE / Camel
And some previous ones: see http://homepage.mac.com/sddavey/Cars

neil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by neil » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:08 pm

Yeah that takes some topping Simon !

KevinB10
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by KevinB10 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:11 pm

I cannot compete with Simon's present but I did get a 70-300mm lens for the D80. We went up to London last Sunday and visited Hyde Park & Tower Bridge/Embankment.

The BT tower taken from a ferris wheel in Hyde Park

Tower Bridge taken from the Embankment near the Tower of London
Kevin

alpina46
Tourettes Champion
Tourettes Champion

Post by alpina46 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:45 pm

Nice pic of tower bridge Kev 8)

Simon that truely is a top Xmas present :D
M2
520d F11 M Sport Touring
B10 V8 #240
Mini Cooper S convertible
220d M Sport convertible
MGB GT
MG Midget
520d F11 M Sport Touring (sold)
118d F20 M Sport(sold)
118d E87 M Sport(sold)
John Cooper Works (sold)
D3 Touring #183(sold)
M3 3.0 E36 (sold)
523 E39 (sold)
520 E34 Touring (sold)
318IS E36 (sold)

Petrolhead
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Petrolhead » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:20 pm

KevinB10 wrote:I cannot compete with Simon's present
Agreed!

Nice pics there Kev.

Neil, those little Helis are great fun. There is no forwads/backwards flying function as I'm sure you know as they're only 2 channel. I belive that when spinning right it should move forwards a bit anyway, but then swings back again. The best way to get it to fly forwards is to add a bit of weight to the nose. There should be a couple of bits of shiny sticky things included, you can stick these to the nose of the chopper to make it go forwards. Or you could go a bit further and stick a drawing pin in the front :lol:

You're brother-in-law is one lucky so'n'so! I've always fancied a big scale petrol car, and those ones are mental. Apparently they'll do 100 if geared right. And tell him not to be too surprised he's broken it, FG's are known for being quite brittle.

Me, well I got the upgrade from the heli which I got last year, I got one of THESE. It's an R/C bi-plane, bigger than the heli but also a lot harder to fly. You ideally need a big open space but when you get the hang of it it's great fun, you can do some stunts too. I've already managed to get it stuck up a neighbour's tree and on the roof of our house, but dad went all heroic and climbed up to get it for me, so it lives to fly another day!

I also got parts to build myself an R/C rock-crawler. It's a bit on an ongoing project, seeing as it's still not finished, but when done it should be great. There's a build-thread with millions of pictures HERE if anyone's interested.
My Website!

"If you don't feel out of control, you're not driving fast enough." - Mario Andretti

KevinB10
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by KevinB10 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:07 pm

Alex that Rock Crawler looks quite a project, I would be intersted to see it finished - maybe bring it along to one of the meets this year?
Kevin