14th June 2007 - Microsoft gets cool again -

Ramblings and thoughts from Neil
neil
Administrator
Administrator

14th June 2007 - Microsoft gets cool again -

Post by neil » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:15 pm

Check out this new software that Microsoft now owns (or rather bought last year)

Watch the video to get an idea of what it can do:

Photosynth

You can even have a go with the web based stuff :

Photosynth software

Coolest thing (barring the xbox360) MS has done for ages !

Steve A
ALPIN
ALPIN

Post by Steve A » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:34 pm

Pardon my french but that is fucking amazing, incredible, WOW! :shock:
RS4 Saloon 2007 Daytona Grey
M6 Coupe Indianapolis Red
ML420CDI Sport

blacky
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by blacky » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:26 pm

thats mad
to think you could take a pic then it would work out where in the planet it was took & link it to all the pic's of that place & let you zoom in to see what was in the far distance with the quality of the thing you took the pic of in the first place & also pan round to look at the rest of the area :shock:

Grant
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Grant » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:20 pm

Steve Ashton wrote:Pardon my french but that is fucking amazing, incredible, WOW! :shock:
Thats not French thats a swear word oh Mancunian one! I'm telling Charles, nah nah nah nah :snooty
Don't eat yellow snow.
Grant

Currently: D3 Saloon #254 Montego Blue & E46 SE Conv Mystic Blue

Charles

Post by Charles » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:30 pm

Grant wrote:
Steve Ashton wrote:Pardon my french but that is fucking amazing, incredible, WOW! :shock:
Thats not French thats a swear word oh Mancunian one! I'm telling Charles, nah nah nah nah :snooty
Good thing I've been away at Le Mans since Wednesday evening otherwise you would have felt my full wrath ...

... Grant for being such a sneak!

As for you Ashton ...

... I couldn't have put it better myself :wink:

BTW You might have gathered that I have had a brilliant few days at Le Mans. More news to follow
Charles
Teacher of Chemistry and driver of ALPINAs - not necessarily in that order ;)
B3S Touring (49/116) - been to the moon and now on the way back!
Renault Grand Espace - not mine but the wife's!

noor
ALP
ALP

Post by noor » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:52 am

Absolutely Awesome, looks as if this will revolutionise a few things!

nealpina
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by nealpina » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:30 am

I do think it is cool, but I personally can’t get too excited by this. Reason being to use a Vista PC with optimal settings, the PC will need to have 4GB of RAM. However a Vista PC with 1GB of RAM will use half of it’s 1GB of RAM for things like index searches – so that any keyword(s) searches are instantaneous. A lot like spotlight on Apple but better. I therefore consider this piece of software just to be an enhancement to the operating system, as it is only using resources that are already built into Vista, and therefore a natural progression or even some type of evolution for the operating system. I have not used this application, but as I said 1GB of RAM should run the software fine. Therefore as people do consider this product to be amazing and with Vista using only 1GB of RAM, therefore what will applications be like when PCs have optimal hardware for Vista?

What I find interesting is that, this was released a week before previews of the new operating system from Apple – OS X 10.5 Leopard. Leopard’s does have this feature built in and it is called ‘Quick Look’ :!:
Oscar Wilde & Burkard Bovensiepen: I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

ALPINA B3 3.2 Coupe Switch-Tronic ALPINA Blue
ALPINA B10 3.3 Saloon Manual Mora Metallic