Interior lighting issues

Got a question about your ALPINA ask it here !
You've got the car now you need to know something, techincal advice, specific questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

Charles

Interior lighting issues

Post by Charles » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:55 am

As some of you may know, I recently had the dash out to replace the heater matrix.

However, since collecting the car, I have a strange issue with the interior courtesy lights. Prior to the dash coming out, whenever I switched off the ignition or unlocked the car, the front, central and rear courtesy lights would come on. Now, all I get is the front lights. Also, when I open the rear doors, the central lights do not come on, but opening the tailgate turns on the rear courtesy lights.

I am assuming that this is a coding issue which can be managed via an Autologic panel (or similar) but am not sure why the original settings have been “lost” when the dash came out.

Any thoughts?
Charles
Teacher of Chemistry and driver of ALPINAs - not necessarily in that order ;)
B3S Touring (49/116) - been to the moon and now on the way back!
Renault Grand Espace - not mine but the wife's!

Charles

Post by Charles » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:58 pm

Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best ones :!:

Having plugged the diagnostic control panel into the car this afternoon, only to find that there are no coding settings for different courtesy light arrangements, I decided to check the rear light fitting for any other reason. Whilst fiddling about trying to get the unit out of the headlining, the central bulb came on and everything was as it should be :shock:

Note to self: check electrical connections before jumping to conclusions :think
Charles
Teacher of Chemistry and driver of ALPINAs - not necessarily in that order ;)
B3S Touring (49/116) - been to the moon and now on the way back!
Renault Grand Espace - not mine but the wife's!