theALPINAregister.com Forum Index theALPINAregister.com
The Forum section of www.theALPINAregister.com
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Site SearchSite Search   Forum SearchForum Search   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Made my Alpina more like an Alpina!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> General ALPINA Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DannyB3D3
A
A


Joined: 13 Sep 2018
Posts: 63

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject: Made my Alpina more like an Alpina! Reply with quote

hi all,

So I thought my D3 interior was missing something and it didn't look like what I would call a traditional Alpina which is Leather, Wood and luxury so made a few changes! Here is it before with the boring silver trims and it has a M Performance steering wheel which I really am not bothered about and think would look better in an M3 rather than an Alpina!




So what I did was fit a full wood interior trim set (100) and an original Alpina D3 BiTurbo steering wheel (130) and it really does now look and feel like an Alpina should and I am well pleased! The steering wheel feels lovely to hold!




I hope you all appreciate my thought process. I know the silver trims were original but you got to admit it looks much better and by putting an original steering wheel back on it balances it out! Laughing

I have been offered good money for the steering wheel already and will get some money back for the trims so it hasn't even cost me any money! I might even make more from the steering wheel then the 2 upgrades cost me combined! Result in my eyes.

Next step is to get a full leather! Thanks for looking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rav
ALP
ALP


Joined: 05 May 2015
Posts: 212

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that. I dont want to be flamed, but the D3 was never a 'real' alpina in that it didnt feel special enough to warrant the badge.

I often thought about buying one when i was doing many many miles per year and doing as you have and swapping parts out to make it special.

Good on you!
_________________
1999 #032 Alpina B3 3.3 saloon (UK Press Car)
2000 Porsche Boxster S
2007 Audi A6 Avant tdi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DannyB3D3
A
A


Joined: 13 Sep 2018
Posts: 63

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say they are a more affordable Alpina than not a real one. I am trying to make it more like a traditional Alpina with the luxury side of things inside but the exterior and extra power is like a traditional Alpina. I would still rather this car over a 320d M-Sport or something though as I love the Alpina styling etc

Last edited by DannyB3D3 on Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
E24man
ALPINA
ALPINA


Joined: 17 Oct 2010
Posts: 2299
Location: Surrey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rav wrote:
I like that. I dont want to be flamed, but the D3 was never a 'real' alpina in that it didnt feel special enough to warrant the badge.

I often thought about buying one when i was doing many many miles per year and doing as you have and swapping parts out to make it special.

Good on you!


You're going to get flamed as that is a load of crap and very obviously inflamatory.

It's like saying "the B3 3.3 wasn't a real Alpina as it's performance wasn't better than the ///M offering like a real Alpina should be."
_________________
E24man

2001 Alpina B10 V8 Touring (1 of 12 rhd)
1997 Alpina B12 5.7 L (1 of 2 rhd)
1995 Alpina B10 4.6 Touring (1 of 1 rhd)
1985 BMW M635CSi (1 of 524 rhd made, but less than half left now)
1982 BMW 635CSiA (1 of only hundreds left from the thousands made and still valiantly fighting a rusty grave)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA


Joined: 02 Jul 2010
Posts: 7092

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E24man wrote:
Rav wrote:
I like that. I dont want to be flamed, but the D3 was never a 'real' alpina in that it didnt feel special enough to warrant the badge.


You're going to get flamed as that is a load of crap and very obviously inflamatory.


Shocked
So wrong. As much an ALPINA as anything that came from the Buchloe stable, and if you drove one you'd find out exactly why. Stunning balance and handling, and as fast as anyone needs to go in the real world of driving. Situation permitting I'd have another on my drive NOW and it would be the 1st keys I reach for on a daily basis.
_________________
Current:
E91 B3SBiturbo #127
981 Porsche Cayman GTS
Focus STline dog wagon

Previously loved:
ALPINA: E92 B3SBiturbo #285, E90 D3Biturbo #097, E85 Roadster S #168 & variety of 'grey' 4 and 6-cyl BMW lumps.
PORSCHE: Macan S, Cayman 981 S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AG
ALPINA
ALPINA


Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 859
Location: Cambs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to me the D3 was an entry level Alpina, an item created to tap into the company car bracket but it was still a genuine car.

It was probably made to a price and I expect would have been subject to the available options (either BMW or Alpina) so I expect the original buyers could have made it a little more special by selecting certain options.

But its not like the old argument over what is a real Alpina and what isn't that used to (or still does?) rage over the Sytner built cars or the UK only B2.8,2.5 etc etc

To the OP, that looks excellent, I did the same to my 118d, swapped the silver trims for some nicer dark wood grain, the interior feels rather nicer to be in.
_________________
Former BMW CC 7 register chairman

1985 e23 B10 (sold)
1995 B3 saloon switchtronic (sold)

http://www.facebook.com/BmwE23AlpinaB8B9B10
http://www.facebook.com/AlpinaB3E36AndE46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DannyB3D3
A
A


Joined: 13 Sep 2018
Posts: 63

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AG wrote:
to me the D3 was an entry level Alpina, an item created to tap into the company car bracket but it was still a genuine car.

It was probably made to a price and I expect would have been subject to the available options (either BMW or Alpina) so I expect the original buyers could have made it a little more special by selecting certain options.

But its not like the old argument over what is a real Alpina and what isn't that used to (or still does?) rage over the Sytner built cars or the UK only B2.8,2.5 etc etc

To the OP, that looks excellent, I did the same to my 118d, swapped the silver trims for some nicer dark wood grain, the interior feels rather nicer to be in.


Well said! I must admit the fact it has got manual lights and air-conditioning did shock me but it seems lots of them have?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CaesarBob
ALPIN
ALPIN


Joined: 20 Nov 2012
Posts: 592

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that does look like a totally different car now, what an improvement ... the silver trim from the E9x generation cars always looks low rent to me, irrespective which model of car you actually have. The piano black or wood will alway make a big change.

As for the Manual AC, it is surprising how many D3 BT's have it ... particularly the Coupes. But these days, Manual or Auto matters less than whether it still blows cold air when you need it too! Laughing
_________________
'97 E36 B3 3.2 Touring #062
'15 F32 420d M Sport Coupe (Sold)
'11 E92 320d M Sport Coupe (Sold)
'99 E36 328iA SE "Shooting Brake" (Sold)
'89 E30 325iA M-Tech II "Shooting Brake" (Sold)
'91 E30 318iS (Sold)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Rav
ALP
ALP


Joined: 05 May 2015
Posts: 212

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers....Apologies if i have offended anyone.
I have not driven a D3 to date so must educate myself prior to making statements that may not be accurate.
_________________
1999 #032 Alpina B3 3.3 saloon (UK Press Car)
2000 Porsche Boxster S
2007 Audi A6 Avant tdi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
E24man
ALPINA
ALPINA


Joined: 17 Oct 2010
Posts: 2299
Location: Surrey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rav wrote:
I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers....Apologies if i have offended anyone.
I have not driven a D3 to date so must educate myself prior to making statements that may not be accurate.


Excellent and prompt apology - well done you.

Try and get yourself a spin in a D3 the next time there is a meet as the power delivery is excellent for a diesel and the handling just as good as any other Alpina.

I got taken out in one and I was very impressed but I'm afraid my stable betrays me as a lover of the petrol engined varients.

Again, well done for the quick take-back.

Edit to add: Well done OP, the interior looks loads better, a bit of a mini luxury barge.
_________________
E24man

2001 Alpina B10 V8 Touring (1 of 12 rhd)
1997 Alpina B12 5.7 L (1 of 2 rhd)
1995 Alpina B10 4.6 Touring (1 of 1 rhd)
1985 BMW M635CSi (1 of 524 rhd made, but less than half left now)
1982 BMW 635CSiA (1 of only hundreds left from the thousands made and still valiantly fighting a rusty grave)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DannyB3D3
A
A


Joined: 13 Sep 2018
Posts: 63

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaesarBob wrote:
Wow, that does look like a totally different car now, what an improvement ... the silver trim from the E9x generation cars always looks low rent to me, irrespective which model of car you actually have. The piano black or wood will alway make a big change.

As for the Manual AC, it is surprising how many D3 BT's have it ... particularly the Coupes. But these days, Manual or Auto matters less than whether it still blows cold air when you need it too! Laughing


Thanks mate I am well pleased with it, just need a full leather interior if anyone knows of one??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rav
ALP
ALP


Joined: 05 May 2015
Posts: 212

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny - take a look and keep an eye open on M3 Cutters and the E46 forum. There will be interiors available on there. I also recently saw an Exclusive interior advertised for sale on there.
_________________
1999 #032 Alpina B3 3.3 saloon (UK Press Car)
2000 Porsche Boxster S
2007 Audi A6 Avant tdi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DannyB3D3
A
A


Joined: 13 Sep 2018
Posts: 63

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rav wrote:
Danny - take a look and keep an eye open on M3 Cutters and the E46 forum. There will be interiors available on there. I also recently saw an Exclusive interior advertised for sale on there.


ok cool thanks, is there not an E90 Forum then?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rav
ALP
ALP


Joined: 05 May 2015
Posts: 212

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC1.A0.H0.Xe90+leather+interior.TRS0&_nkw=e90+leather+interior&_sacat=0

Lemon looks fantastic!
_________________
1999 #032 Alpina B3 3.3 saloon (UK Press Car)
2000 Porsche Boxster S
2007 Audi A6 Avant tdi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ali
ALPINA
ALPINA


Joined: 10 Feb 2007
Posts: 1965
Location: Edinburgh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the OP
The interior upgrades make a lovely change.
My first E91 had silver interior and was awful, I recently just sold my E91 330D with a piano black interior and it was a much nicer place to be
Result on the steering wheel too




DannyB3D3 wrote:
Rav wrote:
Danny - take a look and keep an eye open on M3 Cutters and the E46 forum. There will be interiors available on there. I also recently saw an Exclusive interior advertised for sale on there.


ok cool thanks, is there not an E90 Forum then?


Have a look at this on ebay
Clicky
_________________
B3 3.3 Touring #108
B10 V8 #540
B3 3.0 Biturbo #107
E46 M3 Convertible
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> General ALPINA Forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group