theALPINAregister.com Forum Index theALPINAregister.com
The Forum section of www.theALPINAregister.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Site SearchSite Search   Forum SearchForum Search   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alpina e30

Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> ALPINA Buying Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bilalayyazbaluch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Alpina e30 Reply with quote

so I might be ready to pull the plug on a purchase of a e30 alpina, in order to make sure the authenticity of a alpina wanted to ask what are some of the major items i should be looking for.
AG
ALPINA
ALPINA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's toughie, even here in the UK where we have access (in theory) to Alpina at Sytner (where the UK cars were 'produced') to confirm this is no confirmation that it is what we hope it is.

I've no idea what an owner would have had to do to get them legal in certain states in the US.

Running gear, suspension and anti roll bars (sway?) are normally part of the kit. However these are now knocking on the door of being at least 25 years old now so these items tend to go missing.

All had an LSD fitted

Wheels (obviously) and there should be a tyre pressure sticker applied either on the door shut (drivers side) or if not have seen these on the trunk lid fixed to the drop down toolkit lid.

Engine, is it a 2.7/2.5/2.3? These tend to have had a code stamped in the block and head, hand stamped items though. However not totally sure on the 2.5/2.3's though, pretty sure the head would have on these smaller m20's.

ECU, pull that out, it 'should' have an Alpina sticker on it.

The interior, 'normally' you'll see the logo on the instrument cluster plus orange needles, 4 spoke momo steering wheel and gear knob, plus a dash plaque fitted with a number, these are either found in front of the shifter, in front of the passenger seat below the windscreen line or it may well be missing, if so look for the holes that would have taken the 2 fixings.

Interior trim, some had std BMW interiors (majority had sport seats I expect) and if the original owner was feeling flush, they could have it trimmed in an Alpina trim (cloth or leather).

However then the owner could have had an auto or manual, 4 door saloon/2 door/touring or convertible! Plus you have the numerous options that could be available either from Alpina OR BMW.

However the above is a start! Good luck, let us know what you find, OR post some pics up so someone can help further.

Bound to be things I've missed, am sure others will chime in if this is the case.

1985 e23 B10 (sold)
1995 B3 saloon switchtronic (sold)

http://www.facebook.com/BmwE23AlpinaB8B9B10
http://www.facebook.com/AlpinaB3E36AndE46
e30rapidic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are only a handful of real Alpina e30's here in the US.

it should have a stamped plaque like this above the right side headlight (passenger side here in the US)

Not all Alpinas had orange needles on the gauges, some had white. I think there are 4 different versions of the Alpina e30 cluster.

Heres a good read.

https://books.google.com/books?id=IY3WDQAAQBAJ&pg=PT43&lpg=PT43&dq=e30+alpina+differences&source=bl&ots=qhwAuaLN_O&sig=yTZATFxl-puxgsAiIsZZ7Fu7ZTk&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjzq_vvlcTWAhUEOCYKHY5pCrY4ChDoAQgtMAE#v=onepage&q=e30%20alpina%20differences&f=false
bilalayyazbaluch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alot; sorry I should have mentioned I am flying to europe to go look at the car. Lets see, from what I have seen looks pretty real
hap
ALPINA
ALPINA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you a link to the vehicle?
Do have the build number at all ?
AG
ALPINA
ALPINA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where abouts in Europe? A European Alpina is normally known among enthusiasts (and possibly Alpina themselves)

1985 e23 B10 (sold)
1995 B3 saloon switchtronic (sold)

http://www.facebook.com/BmwE23AlpinaB8B9B10
http://www.facebook.com/AlpinaB3E36AndE46
Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> ALPINA Buying Advice All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: