B10 V8 valuation help

A place for members to list and discuss selling their ALPINA
HHamill

B10 V8 valuation help

Post by HHamill » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:10 pm

Hi everyone

I am trying to help my father value his beloved B10 V8.
We know the best way to do this is by checking what other similar cars are selling for, but given the low numbers out there and the even lower number for sale it's proving difficult.

The car is a March 2000 on a 'W'
75k miles. Silver with red leather interior
Car had circa 3k spent on it a couple of years ago when overheating issue had to be fixed.
Tyres, discs and pads all good.
Issues with the car include a few rust spots, behind front wheels on sills, some pixels out on dash and the drivers seat has decided not to move so this is about to get fixed. As for service history it has some (including all recent work) but not fully stamped dealer book that some examples have.

We have been using the value of tip top examples at around £15k and working back from there taking into the issues mentioned above.

Any advice or guidance from those on the forum would be gratefully received.

Zion
A
A

Re: B10 V8 valuation help

Post by Zion » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:53 am

HHamill wrote:Hi everyone

I am trying to help my father value his beloved B10 V8.
We know the best way to do this is by checking what other similar cars are selling for, but given the low numbers out there and the even lower number for sale it's proving difficult.

The car is a March 2000 on a 'W'
75k miles. Silver with red leather interior
Car had circa 3k spent on it a couple of years ago when overheating issue had to be fixed.
Tyres, discs and pads all good.
Issues with the car include a few rust spots, behind front wheels on sills, some pixels out on dash and the drivers seat has decided not to move so this is about to get fixed. As for service history it has some (including all recent work) but not fully stamped dealer book that some examples have.

We have been using the value of tip top examples at around £15k and working back from there taking into the issues mentioned above.

Any advice or guidance from those on the forum would be gratefully received.
I'd say 10k. Red interiors get mixed reactions and once you factor in the rust work, and lack of SH detail it might seem hard to justify paying more. You can get a decent later v8s for 15 with SH.

Just my 2p...

HHamill

Post by HHamill » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:05 pm

Many thanks for your suggested valuation Zion.
TBH we were thinking around that value too, and so it was nice to get that an independent voice coming up with the same.
If he decides to go ahead and sell I'll be sure to post more information here on the site.

jtmclay

Post by jtmclay » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:50 am

HHamill wrote:Many thanks for your suggested valuation Zion.
TBH we were thinking around that value too, and so it was nice to get that an independent voice coming up with the same.
If he decides to go ahead and sell I'll be sure to post more information here on the site.
Hi HHAmill,

When I saw your post I actually thought my son was doing the dirty on me. I am reluctantly having to sell my B10 V8 as we are retiring moving to Spain in October and the similarities in your post caught my attention.

My Alpina is a B10 V8 1999, blue, 150,000k, full red leather interior, has MOT until March 2018. I have owned the car since 2003 with 1 previous owner. It needs TLC rust above back bumper and on rear wheel arches. I do have service history and have spent approx £3,000 in the last year. I am in a similar position to yourself I have no idea how much the car is worth in its current condition so just wonder how you got on selling your fathers car.

Any further help by any members would also be appreciated.
Jim

HHamill

Post by HHamill » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:53 pm

Hi Jim,

Your story is very similar indeed to my own!
I see you have just listed your car on the other selling page. We are also about to take the reluctant plunge and sell the B10 -no.702. We are removing a private number then (when the rain stops!) get it washed and photographed. I was thinking about listing it on auto trader and post the link to the advert here for members to see. I see you are in Edinburgh, we are in Glasgow and I see one for sale in Ayrshire (on pistonheads).
Anyway good luck selling your car and I hope it finds a good home.

Harry