2017 B6 help - jerky transmission

The place to talk about ALPINAs.
e.g. News, Reviews, Insurance, Warranties, Running Costs, Sightings, general questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

krown

2017 B6 help - jerky transmission

Post by krown » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:14 pm

Greetings. I'm in the midst of negotiating a lease deal for a new B6. However, but the sales manager at the dealership has told me that the vehicle is displaying some jerkiness when the vehicle is in reverse. As the vehicle is backing up, and the brake is applied to modulate the speed, the car jerks gently. He has sent me two videos of this, and it so minute I can't even tell anything is happening until he mentions the exact point at when the jerkiness occurs. Apparently it's a known issue and not mechanical but more of a software fix. He had mentioned that Alpina is working on a fix for it right now.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I have a friend who will go and visit the dealership and experience it firsthand (I'm out of province) and report back on the severity of this jerkiness. The vehicle is leased so if it is indeed a minor inconvenience, and Alpina can fix it, then I can just negotiate down further and be rid of the problem within 3 years if there is no fix.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Ashok
ALPIN
ALPIN

Post by Ashok » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:32 pm

it could just be the ABS
Ashok
E39 M5 - much loved RIP
E60 M5 - good riddance
E90 Alpina D3 #487 - drove it 117,000 miles!
F25 Alpina XD3BT #268 - it's big and white and very fast
G01 Alpina XD3.. soon! :)

krown

Post by krown » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:10 pm

It's definitely something wrong with the transmission