Owned By Alpina GB ?????????

The place to talk about ALPINAs.
e.g. News, Reviews, Insurance, Warranties, Running Costs, Sightings, general questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

LifesTooShort

Owned By Alpina GB ?????????

Post by LifesTooShort » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:34 pm

First time poster, please forgive my ignorance. I have some burning questions ahead of buying my 1St Alpina, which I have put a deposit on. One most specifically is this. The car I wish to buy is shown on the register as "owned by Alpina GB, what does this actually mean????? The dealer selling the car, (non franchise), says it has been largely garaged by last owner for 3 years, not if owned by Alpina GB in Nov 2016 surely?

robmarrs
ALP
ALP

Post by robmarrs » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:40 pm

I would not worry, many cars that Synter sell at some point have been listed with pictures as owned by Sytner, not least all New Alpinas come throught Sytner I believe.

My B6s was pictured on the forum as "Owned by Synter" but that was two owners, 1 dealer, 60K and three years before I got it!

It just means that the next owner was possibly not a register member or has just not bothered getting the information updated on the register.

What are you buying?
Alpina B6S Convertible
BMW E46 M3 SMG Coupe - Track Car - Gone
TVR Chimaera 400 - Turbocharged - Gone
Porsche Cayenne GTS 4.8, Oops, the dark side has landed!
BMW E34 Racing Dynamics K38 - Gone
Alpina B3S Convertible - Gone due to B6S
BMW X5 4.6is - Gone
Alpina Roadster 3.4S - Gone
BMW E46 330d M Sport Touring - Gone
BMW M3 Evo E36 - Gone due to B3S
BMW 840 Ci Sport - Gone, but what a car
BMW M3 E30 - sadly departed

Too little time...Too many cars!

LifesTooShort

Post by LifesTooShort » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:14 pm

Buying an 07 D3 MT, it was just with the register showing Nov 2016 as owned by Alpina GB yet car supposedly owned by a private individual. So just register assuming owned by Alpina as no-one else has put it on the register. PS asking £10,750 for a 41000 miler. Parkers say this should nearer £9,800. What do you/members reckon?

Paulb
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Paulb » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:49 am

You could possible get an early model Biturbo for that kind of money.

As for what the Alpina Register says, it's only a rough guide at best reliant on owners or information from members so not a reliable source for owners / previous keepers. It is good to use for a guide to what the car looked like and the spec as recorded in the register (and pics).

Welcome to Alpina ownership by the way
Nothing to see here.... move along in an orderly fashion please!
E91 D3 Bi-turbo Touring #004 - (sold)
E46 B3 3.3 Saloon #032
F31 D3 Bi-turbo Touring #172
Mk1 Focus RS #516
Mk3 Focus RS Heritage #8 of only 50
and a 1987 Sierra RS Cosworth (currently being restored)

LifesTooShort

Post by LifesTooShort » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:01 pm

Your Advice and welcome are much appreciated. It's the milage that is most appealing hope to get another 5 years out of her at about 13000 per annum, so keeping Under 100k if can resell.

neil
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Owned By Alpina GB ?????????

Post by neil » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:09 pm

LifesTooShort wrote:First time poster, please forgive my ignorance. I have some burning questions ahead of buying my 1St Alpina, which I have put a deposit on. One most specifically is this. The car I wish to buy is shown on the register as "owned by Alpina GB, what does this actually mean????? The dealer selling the car, (non franchise), says it has been largely garaged by last owner for 3 years, not if owned by Alpina GB in Nov 2016 surely?
All this means is that it was entered automatically and not added by an owner. So the information you have is most likely correct.