My D3 232.

The place to talk about ALPINAs.
e.g. News, Reviews, Insurance, Warranties, Running Costs, Sightings, general questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

C.Horse

My D3 232.

Post by C.Horse » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:20 pm

Just wanted to mention my first real trip after buying my superb 2015 D3. Hadn't got used to the various gizmos the car has before we were off to France. Two weeks and 2400 miles or so. All at 40.5 mpg. Despite liberal use of the right pedal. Cant' say any more on that topic! The torque that this engine has is incredible, overtaking a breeze. I didn't think much of the head up display, thought I wouldn't use it. However it is very useful, has what you want where you can see it quickly. And for me new to the car, saved having to take my eyes from the road for too long, trying to find something. Seats are comfortable but give great support and control when needed. The Merino leather is something else. The colour-Alpina Blue- is fantastic and really suits the car. Almost makes my 2006 Cayman redundant.....decision to make!
Never thought I'd be sat in a car like this. :D Image

D3orbust
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by D3orbust » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:26 pm

Guyw's old car?

I bought his D5 and it was immaculate and very well looked after.

Congratulations.
B5 G30 number 332 (development car)

D5 number 21

D3MT number 284 (gone but will be sadly missed)

polynesian2
ALPI
ALPI

Post by polynesian2 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:35 pm

that's fantastic, and nice to see it being used! The colour is beautiful- what's the colour of your leather?

For comparison, my lowly 3.3 just did 977 miles in 2 days and 27.7mpg, according to the obc. Yours must be a spaceship in comparison- and while I experienced all kinds of bad attention from 320ds and 116ds in France, the bigger engined cars were much better driven. Like yours, no doubt!

C.Horse

Post by C.Horse » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:12 pm

Yes, you're right. Thanks for the comments. The car is immaculate, you would think that it hadn't been driven. Mind you it hadn't much! 5k only. A credit to the previous owner. I wonder, is he on here?
The leather is Merino Cashmere, which might not be the most practical choice for us, with grandchildren duties at home, not to mention when on holiday in France. Anyone any ideas for leather protection. I wouldn't want to put anything on which would mark or spoil the seats.
In this car if there are any annoying little waspy vehicles about, providing you have the road, the answer is easy! There are very few cars that could drive away from this one! (or keep up with it) Pete W.