Newbie D3BT ST - Service schedule & gearbox oil change

Got a question about your ALPINA ask it here !
You've got the car now you need to know something, techincal advice, specific questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

Bluetooner

Newbie D3BT ST - Service schedule & gearbox oil change

Post by Bluetooner » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:32 pm

Hello,

I have a 2009 D3BT with switchtronic box and it's coming up for 120,000 miles. I've used a local indy for servicing but usually do our own on the other family cars and looking to do same now with the Alpina. I have a couple of questions if you can help:

1. Where can I find the service schedule for this car - I tried the sticky on the forum but it took me to sales brochures?

2. Is changing gearbox oil & filter (whole pan) required at this kind of mileage and if so, anywhere other than BMW for filter/pan and what type of fluid? Also what will gearbox type be - am assuming a 6HP but don't know the rest?

Many thanks,
2009 D3 BT Switchtronic

Broch
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Broch » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:14 pm

Welcome to the forum Bluetooner.........

Sorry I can't help with your questions, but I'm sure another D3BT owner will be along shortly.
How long have you owned the car? Silver saloon by any chance? :wink:

Onzie
B6 Convertible
B3s Bi-Turbo Tourer

Bluetooner

Post by Bluetooner » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:53 pm

Hi Broch,

Thanks for the welcome...

You are correct, Silver Saloon it is. Have owned it since the end of 2014 but only came across the forum fairly recently.

There is another silver one around our area though, a D3MT, but a bit cleaner than mine.
2009 D3 BT Switchtronic