E46 B3s Coupe gear selector switch

Got a question about your ALPINA ask it here !
You've got the car now you need to know something, techincal advice, specific questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

Bigedd
A
A

E46 B3s Coupe gear selector switch

Post by Bigedd » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:18 am

Hi guys, I'm having issues with the selector switch that's attached to my gear box, I'm getting the amber cog warning and the code is pointing to the switch, It hasn't totally failed just intermittent but can be a pain but once in gear it's fine.
I'm looking for the part number , as you know realoem only shows the 330ci and the part on that is 24107507818, just looking for confirmation of the part number so I can buy it and possibly a supplier in the U.K. .
B3s Coupe No. 109
04/04
Estoril Blue

My Bavarian Beauty

DogWagen
ALP
ALP

Post by DogWagen » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:42 pm

Had exactly the same issue with my B3s Cab - Amber Cog plus limp mode which would be re-set by turning the ignition off and cycling the gear selector Park through drive and back.

The part is standard BMW so RealOEM plus your original Serial No should be correct - I don't have the number for mine but know it was supplied next day from Elms in Cambridge

If it helps, the part is about £205 + VAT and it took Bensten's about an hour to change when the car went in for a service.

Hope that helps,

Mike

Bigedd
A
A

Post by Bigedd » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:27 am

Thanks glad it's not some obscure P/N, ignition on off sorts it out, I was planning on tackling it myself looks like plug and play, just need to get under it
B3s Coupe No. 109
04/04
Estoril Blue

My Bavarian Beauty

DogWagen
ALP
ALP

Post by DogWagen » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:55 pm

If you've not found them, there are some how-to threads on e46fanatics.com. Hope it goes well for you.