PS4's

ALPINA Costs - Insurance, Depreciation, Oil Usage

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

asp
ALP
ALP

PS4's

Post by asp » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:45 pm

The B3 just failed its first MOT! Not bad for a 15yr old car, and especially as the only issue was it needing 2 new tyres, annoyingly 1 front and 1 rear. I'd only seen recently that PS3's had been replaced with PS4's, I use Event Tyres most of the time as they're usually competitive, take v good care and fit next-day at home. So £537 poorer I'm having 4x PS4's fitted tomorrow with the MOT retest on Monday. I'm looking forward to seeing how they do. I did inquire for Super Sports as they weren't much more expensive but sadly the 255 were out of stock.

As a side note, we had our first trip with our 18minth old and 9 day old in my wife's Civic today, with the double buggy we literally just fit, and only if I don't drive! One of the cars has to go, and I see similar size restrictions for the B3 touring, I just hope we can cope with the Civic being replaced...
B3 3.3 touring #89
Mercedes S212 E350cdi DMS remap

hap
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by hap » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:38 pm

Good price on the tyres
I know what u mean we have a trip out soon and just have golf

jamesa
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by jamesa » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:02 pm

The S4 will have PS4`s soon, looking forward to replacing the Winter`s ...

What was amiss at the MoT ?
Ex. B10 V8 Touring #160 Alpina Blue : Current M2 DCT (OG)

asp
ALP
ALP

Post by asp » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:25 pm

jamesa wrote:What was amiss at the MoT ?
1 tyre had a bulge on the sidewall, another had a small flap/hole. Both on the inside faces and maintaining good pressure.
B3 3.3 touring #89

D3orbust
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by D3orbust » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:48 am

Great price, keep us posted as I'm seriously considering replacing all my tyres in a couple of months.
B5 G30 number 332 (development car)

D5 number 21

D3MT number 284 (gone but will be sadly missed)

simon13
ALPINA
ALPINA

Re: PS4's

Post by simon13 » Wed May 18, 2016 7:09 pm

asp wrote:The B3 just failed its first MOT! Not bad for a 15yr old car, and especially as the only issue was it needing 2 new tyres, annoyingly 1 front and 1 rear. I'd only seen recently that PS3's had been replaced with PS4's, I use Event Tyres most of the time as they're usually competitive, take v good care and fit next-day at home. So £537 poorer I'm having 4x PS4's fitted tomorrow with the MOT retest on Monday. I'm looking forward to seeing how they do. I did inquire for Super Sports as they weren't much more expensive but sadly the 255 were out of stock.

As a side note, we had our first trip with our 18minth old and 9 day old in my wife's Civic today, with the double buggy we literally just fit, and only if I don't drive! One of the cars has to go, and I see similar size restrictions for the B3 touring, I just hope we can cope with the Civic being replaced...
we took our B3S wagon to switzerland in April and had me the wife and our 6 month old son and 3 year old daughter. We were loaded to the hilt in it. My mum took a few bits but you can just about manage it for a week we did. Luggage food, assorted baby shit you need. Day to day life is fine i think if we go out as a family, lots of space

It gets less stuff needed as they get older i tell myself!

asp
ALP
ALP

Re: PS4's

Post by asp » Sat May 21, 2016 9:48 pm

simon13 wrote: we took our B3S wagon to switzerland in April and had me the wife and our 6 month old son and 3 year old daughter. We were loaded to the hilt in it. My mum took a few bits but you can just about manage it for a week we did. Luggage food, assorted baby shit you need. Day to day life is fine i think if we go out as a family, lots of space

It gets less stuff needed as they get older i tell myself!
Our issue is that we've insisted they're both in rear-facing, swivelling seats which push the front seats forward as they're huge. My wife can fit in the drivers seat, just, with one of these seats behind, but there's no way I can. It's pretty uncomfortable in the passenger seat as well for me.

Luckily we've been thinking more and it makes sense to replace the Civic than mine. Yay!! The children will be with her more frequently, and as long as she's happy to drive a bigger car then something like a E61 520d would tick all the boxes we'd need. The B3 stays, for now....
B3 3.3 touring #89

jamesa
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by jamesa » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:06 pm

Been running the PS4`s on the S4 for a while now and am impressed.

Quiet, very good water dispersion and grip in all conditions.
Ex. B10 V8 Touring #160 Alpina Blue : Current M2 DCT (OG)