Selling my Z4 Alpina?

A place for members to list and discuss selling their ALPINA
samuk
A
A

Selling my Z4 Alpina?

Post by samuk » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:53 pm

Hi All.

Will be looking to put my alpina up for sale, as i have purchased a 911 Carrera s (997) 3.8L and its just an awesome car.

My requirements changed, and my second car the Alpina was not practical, and the 911 worked out better with my 3 small children.. as they can now enjoy the fun with me.. 8)

So, the Aplina, i have owned for near 3 year - few months back, had the Vanos seals, head gasket, new alternator, battery, service and some other work done (Phil @ CPC) - car drives spot on...

Over the years of ownership, car has had allot spent, on the under side, bushes, anti roll bar, wishbone, rear shocks etc..good few £1000's spent.

Car only has one previous owner..

Millage is near 175K (think i got it near 160k), used as a second car, sometimes 3rd) - however i have owned a Alpina with 45k (at the same time) and few other 3L Z4's. This drive the best and decided to keep the higer millage one.

What can i expect to get for the car?

This is the LUX version, with the xenons and sat nav

Any thoughts or input appreciated, as looking at the few for sale they are £16k.

would £11.5k be achievable? or is this too much or less?

When is the best time to sell?

Thanks
Alpina Z4 Lux

samuk
A
A

Post by samuk » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:01 pm

147 views no reply...

Hmm....
Alpina Z4 Lux

simon13
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by simon13 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:51 pm

colour,location and photos would help. Milege might put some off but not me

samuk
A
A

Post by samuk » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:14 pm

Ah, sorry this was not a for sale add..

Just wanting to know how much I could get for it.

Will put more info up later
Alpina Z4 Lux

ali
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ali » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:16 pm

Info will help determine a value
B3 3.3 Coupe #090
D3 2.0 Biturbo Touring #098

samuk
A
A

Post by samuk » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:44 pm

Color is black, Located in London.

Some pics, Including hard top in the sale..

Alpina Z4 Lux

ali
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ali » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:38 pm

Perrygun would be the ideal chap to answer the question. Perhaps a PM in that direction might give a more accurate value.
I'd say with 175k miles that £10k would be a good price and another £600 for the hard top.
Looks like it has worn the miles very well

Out of curiosity has it had any head gasket changes in its life? It is the 3.4 lump it uses
B3 3.3 Coupe #090
D3 2.0 Biturbo Touring #098

PerryGunn
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by PerryGunn » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:21 pm

I'd sell the hardtop separately, there's a large market as it'll fit any E85 - it's in the most popular colour for a hardtop and, as long as it's in good condition with all the ancillary bits, you should get in excess of £800 for it. Selling it with the car won't increase the value of the car by the same amount.

As for the car itself.... the engines can take the mileage - just look at Charles' car - but the rest of the car has also done that mileage and I see that you say that it's had other work done e.g. the suspension refresh, VANOS etc. and I'd be surprised if it hasn't had at least two new head gaskets in its life? Does it have a full service history, and is all of this this properly documented?

At the end of the day any car is only worth what someone will pay for it and I'm not going to try to tell you what a car with that mileage is worth but, IMO, to achieve decent money you'll need to have a well documented history of the work that's been done and you'll need to find a buyer who can look past the mileage and buy on the condition & history of the car.

If the car drives well, looks good in the flesh and you have a decent amount of documentation the right buyer will come along - if it looks unloved and has little or no documentation you could struggle to find a buyer

The last time it was up for sale at the end of 2012, presumably by your brother, it had 168,000 miles and was up for £9,350 which I though was a bit high for the mileage and the market at that time. That said, prices seem to have hardened a bit since then, but only for decent examples, tatty cars that are trying to follow the upward trend seem to stick around for quite a while
Alpina Roadster S #320
BMW X3 F25 LCI 30d

samuk
A
A

Post by samuk » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:13 am

I had the Gaskit change last month with the Vanos work @ cpc + other bits, bill was a shocking £1000.

Phil also said the gasket would have been changed once before, as these engines would not last without the change. However this was not documented.

Perry, you are spot on, my brother did buy the car, and I took it from him – it has however only one previous owner on the log book – so one owner did 160k odd in the car.. I guess he got it to drive lol.

My brother also owned another Alpina at the time (the one pictured below) this had 45k on the clock, however decided to keep the higher mileage one as he preferred it over the grey – this was sold and some guy came from Ireland and took it without even viewing the car..

My brother then spent £1000’s on the car, waiting for the list..this will hopefully help with the sale

Car does have full documented service, including he one I just got done..
I was thinking if someone sees it with the hard top, it would be more appealing and they would just take it.

I guess, no Alpina will be as cheap as this one, and first to come will see and buy – if he is looking for a car to keep I guess.

Think I will put it up for £11,200 – I guess this will come down depending on interest – as buyers’ market is limited.

Last edited by samuk on Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alpina Z4 Lux

Number5
ALP
ALP

Post by Number5 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:31 pm

Personally, I dont understand the hard-top thing with these Roadsters.

Purely in my opinion.... These cars are not typically a daily driver. Its a second car/hobby/love. Therefore, it is the sort of car that is loved and cherished and used on weekends and sunny days.

So, if its wet, I dont take it out, if I have a choice. If I have to go or get caught out I put the fabric roof up and get home.

If I had a £4k-£8k Z4 as a Daily Driver, parked it outside and had to drive it all through winter, then yes, I may decide that from Oct-Mar, I would install the hard top, but not for a second car !

Why would you want a hard top for a weekend car ?

Therefore, as Perry says, offer the buyer the hard top at £800 extra and if they dont want it sell it separately, but don't throw it in cheap.
Alpina Roadster S Lux #307

reggiebusa
ALPI
ALPI

Post by reggiebusa » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:43 pm

I think I see the FC04 reg in Belfast close to my house a few times. Not many round here. Will keep an eye for it now.
2017 BMW 530E
2011 D3BT Touring Crimson Red No 320 (Sold)
2007 D3 Touring No 142 (Sold)
2017 BMW R1200GS Rallye
2000 Ducati 996 SPS No 1174
1990 Ducati 900 Supersport

MickB3
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by MickB3 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:27 pm

Number5 wrote:
My guess would be at 175K it has not spent all its life as a weekend car.
E46 B3 3.3 ALPINA

samuk
A
A

Post by samuk » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:44 pm

MickB3 wrote:
Number5 wrote:
My guess would be at 175K it has not spent all its life as a weekend car.
nope..The last owner bought the car new..he bought it to drive.. lol and the engine was super smooth..as if it was driven up and down the motorway at a snails pace.. lol

...but i really prefer my comfier cars for covering long distances...

hard top was something i got for the car - more a look think then anything else...
Alpina Z4 Lux

Number5
ALP
ALP

Post by Number5 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:00 am

Did you ever put this on the Market Sam, and if so, did it sell ?
Alpina Roadster S Lux #307

samuk
A
A

Post by samuk » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:44 am

Hi..

Nope..been on my list of things to do...

Hopefully will be going up for sale with the Hard Top.

However I was so tempted to drive around with the hood down...over the last few days...lol
Alpina Z4 Lux