Is £1100 reasonable? I have no idea....

ALPINA Costs - Insurance, Depreciation, Oil Usage

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

Rolf
A
A

Post by Rolf » Mon May 18, 2015 4:19 pm

My F30 D3 is about £1150 pa. That's 35,000 business miles per year, £51k value (when I got it). It's with Zurich Private Clients, so it's top notch cover. It's the number of miles and that they are business miles that puts it way over some of the other prices quoted here.

I think it's best to insure it properly.

Tim

Easy-pd
ALPI
ALPI

Post by Easy-pd » Mon May 18, 2015 4:24 pm

Agreed, if you lie it's as good as not covered imo.

Philrose
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Philrose » Mon May 18, 2015 4:36 pm

Always difficult to judge service. Is it with arranging the policy and the price initially? OR with service you get when making a claim?

We are insured with ABC (ie Liverpool Victoria) via a broker - Swinton. Nothing special you may say. Price was good and the arrangements made were both friendly and easy.
We are currently making a claim for an incident deemed our fault and the service and advice still first class. Friendly people at LV, quote for repairs approved within 3 days, including a bank holiday, our nominated garage ie Sytners accepted without question etc..
Car should be back on the road this week - fingers crossed.
So if all goes well I would say that is good service.

Separately the Alpina parts turned up within 72 hours.
"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."

"Never trade luck for skill."

Alpina D3BT - no 364 - Wifeys
Alpina B3S BT cabrio no 235 - Mine
Yes, we have one each

Easy-pd
ALPI
ALPI

Post by Easy-pd » Mon May 18, 2015 4:44 pm

Fair point, although I believe you can accurately Judge a company by its representatives (employees)

I have yet to be proven wrong on this with every dealing I have, however I have luckily never had to claim re insurance.

Adrian Flux and Chris knott do not trigger my spider senses.

The other ones I called who said 'ooh, I've never heard of an owl piner G free', or 'is that a car' in a computer says no voice did.