Alpina B3 3.2 E36 Number 076 For Sale - 68k Miles

A place for members to list and discuss selling their ALPINA
500E
A
A

Alpina B3 3.2 E36 Number 076 For Sale - 68k Miles

Post by 500E » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:45 pm

Hi All - decided to sell my Alpina to purchase an E36.

1998 ALPINA B3 3.2 COUPE
265bhp / 330lb/ft Torque
Switchtronic Gearbox
Number 076 - Confirmed authenticity with Alpina.

Magazine featured in BMW Car June 2008.

No. of Keepers: 5

Specification

- 1998 model - Facelift
- 8J/9J Alpina Alloys
- Titan Silver / Full black leather interior
- Side Door Airbags
- Heated Seats
- 18 Button OBC
- Passenger Airbag
- Auto-circ Climate Control
- 6x9 Rear Speakers
- Centre Armrest
- Electric Sunroof
- Alpina Bodykit / Exhaust / Rear Spoiler
- Sigma Immobiliser
- Kenwood MP3 Headunit
- New Bosch Aero Wipers
- New Bosch Battery Fiited - 4 yr warranty
- M3 Strut Covers

Welcome to the sale of my 1998 BMW Alpina B3 3.2 Coupe. Only one of 35 in the world. The mileage is a genuine 68k miles from new. The car runs very smooth, very fast. Gearbox is excellent, can be driven in auto mode or switchtronic mode where you can change gears through the steering wheel. I have changed the oil and filters since purchase. I have some receipts and old MOT's along with service book.

Some info on the Alpina...

Based on an older Alpina B3 3.0 model which was based on the 328i, the B3 3.2 was designed to compete with the M3 Evo launched by BMW in 1995. The 3.0 was 71 horsepower off the mark of the M3 Evo so its engine displacement was enlarged from 3.0 to 3.2 litres producing an extra 10 Newton-metres of torque and 15 horsepower. Just like the B8 4.6, modifications on the B3 3.2 included new Mahle lightweight pistons, reprogrammed engine management system, a new exhaust system and a modified combustion chamber. The gearbox is also a Getrag 6-speed but an optional Switch-Tronic tranny is available.
To aid the braking and handling department Alpina installed Bilstein gas-pressure spring shocks, a new stabilizer, new spring and updated brakes with bigger discs, ventilated at front, with floating calipers. 17 inch Michelins are the choice of rubber. Exterior changes include a new front spoiler, new Alpina wheels, an optional rear spoiler and optional Alpina decals. Just like the B8, the B3 is an awesome car but not able to match the tremendous performance of the M3.

Reason for sale: I have had five E36 coupes over the years and need a change. I would consider a nice E46 330ci Sport for my next car.

This is a rare chance to purchase one of the rarest E36 coupes!

Please call me for full information on the car - 07515252132. Any trial or inspection is welcome. I am looking for 5,250.00 but open to offers.

Thanks for looking!

Alpina B3 3.2 Coupe - Number 076