Alpina Classic Centre cap badge query....

The place to talk about ALPINAs.
e.g. News, Reviews, Insurance, Warranties, Running Costs, Sightings, general questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

hap
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by hap » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:22 pm

should have left it debadged lol, thats quite a lot circa £300 alone on the caps, then sum on the badges, i hope they made you a coffee and offered you a biscuit

E24man
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by E24man » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:07 pm

Last edited by E24man on Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PATAKET
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by PATAKET » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:10 pm

They offered me the washroom facilities after I s*** myself.........nice Dyson handdryer in there.......

JudgeBaxter

Update - resolved after a week of messing about

Post by JudgeBaxter » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:31 pm

Finally got there......

Not exactly sure on the finer details, but there was apparently a footnote on the systems against the Alpina badge part no. that said 'parts to fit included' or words to that effect.

The lad at Barons was wrangling with someone at BMW Parts HQ in Bracknell over it apparently - seems the badges may have been coming in as complete kits from Germany, and then people were just taking out bits from bags as and when any bits were ordered, so if your unlucky and get an opened bag...when you ordered the badges themselves, you got those and whatever else is left in.....or if your lucky.....you get a full set if they've just had a delivery and grab an unopened one off the shelf.....

That's the "unofficial" version anyway - I'm sort of past caring to be honest.......

The Bracknell HQ said Barons should re-order the part, and low and behold when it came in this morning it was 4 badges with all the bits already assembled........now sods law will say when I try to take it all apart to fit, they'll have threadlocked the nut or something similar..... :twisted:

I think now that the conversion between Syntners and Parts HQ was a quick one and they had the confirmation a few days ago and were hoping I might go away.....

Anyway, I have my badges, and have returned the other ones and the other bits I didn't need to order, so all is good.

For anyone else ordering in the future from a local dealer - insist when you make the order that a note goes up specifying that the full kit MUST be included as per Alpina/Synter parts catalogue details.

Rgds,

David.

Charles

Post by Charles » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:04 pm

Glad you got it sorted!

Can you confirm the price for a full kit? You mentioned £20 in your original post but I wasn't sure whether this was for the badge only or the whole kit with springs and nuts.
Charles
Teacher of Chemistry and driver of ALPINAs - not necessarily in that order ;)
B3S Touring (49/116) - been to the moon and now on the way back!
Renault Grand Espace - not mine but the wife's!

hap
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by hap » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:41 pm

as charles said plus can you confirm the time it took to deliver said badges pls

simon13
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by simon13 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:14 am

So poor Chris at Barons has to now swallow the bill for the wrong bits YOU insisted he order then?!

Charles

Post by Charles » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:41 pm

simon13 wrote:So poor Chris at Barons has to now swallow the bill for the wrong bits YOU insisted he order then?!
Not sure that's fair given that the OP stated that he had provided the correct part number first time round and the parts that arrived had been scavenged.
Charles
Teacher of Chemistry and driver of ALPINAs - not necessarily in that order ;)
B3S Touring (49/116) - been to the moon and now on the way back!
Renault Grand Espace - not mine but the wife's!

JudgeBaxter

Post by JudgeBaxter » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:00 pm

No it's not fair - the badges that were re-ordered were done so using the exact same part no. - read the thread properly please - the issue was never the part number, it was what should have been included with that part number, and that was the full kit including the springs, nuts and washers, not just the badges themselves.

I wasn't a 100% on this when I ordered, neither was Chris when he took the order.....I just got the badges initially, I did some research on here and asked the question on here, and as a result had reason to believe that I didn't get what I'd paid for. I challenged it as a "consumer with rights" and it looks like I was right to do so and hopefully this little episode will avoid anyone else getting fleeced for £15 quids worth of nuts/springs/washers they shouldn't have had to order seperately, and more importantly, wasting their time arguing with BMW about it.....

Anywaayyyyy....

Chris was returning all the parts against the query he raised with BMW Bracknell, so will get all the money back as far as I know, as the note on the BMW system inferred that the other parts should have been included from the outset.

All parties are happy....apart from Parts HQ in Bracknell, who I'm sure won't go bankrupt over it, but may slap another couple of hundred quid on to the price of EDC shocks just for the hell of it......

Out if interest.....Are the parts guys on commission or targetted in some way against orders and returns????

Rgds,

David.

JudgeBaxter

Post by JudgeBaxter » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:05 pm

Sorry - to answer a serious question - Price was £19. + some pence each before VAT - I don't have the bill in hand but think it was £19.22 or something similar from memory, so around £23 quid each inc. VAT.........for some badges.......

Rgds,

David.

simon13
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by simon13 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:17 pm

Well all i can say is barons struggle with alpina parts. Like 90% of main dealers. They have very little literature or parts numbers. They hardly see the cars. I help them as best i can. I had a phone call from them asking if i could help because the red tape trail they have to suffer takes forever.

Knowing the whole departement pretty well i felt the need to comment as they had asked for my help. I gave them the same answers to the parts you ended up with.

They get no comission, nothing. i love your tone, serious question? What tyre pressures do you run now that the centre caps are secure from meddling hands.

hap
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by hap » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:18 pm

any pics with the new badges afixed and also was it easy to fit to the centre cap?

Eoin
A
A

Post by Eoin » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:19 am

Followed the thread but can I just ask as I'm not familiar with how these work..

These badges fit to the 18" Alpina Classic alloy centre caps as fitted to say an E46 B3S? So you'd need four of these badge assemblies to refresh centre caps at about £100 total?

hap
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by hap » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:49 pm

18 and 19 inch, yes circa £100 for the 4

Eoin
A
A

Post by Eoin » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:46 pm

Thanks, that's good. Cheers.