theALPINAregister.com Forum Index theALPINAregister.com
The Forum section of www.theALPINAregister.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Site SearchSite Search   Forum SearchForum Search   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ceramic Coating

Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> ALPINA Car Care / Detailing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeeEmm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:15 am    Post subject: Ceramic Coating Reply with quote

Has anyone given their car a ceramic coating or had a detailer do it? I stopped using high end waxes last year and have coated my two cars with Kamikaze ISM which is fantastic and it is much easier to clean the cars now. I am interested in what others think or have done?
jamesa
ALPINA
ALPINA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have had a gtechniq coating on two, white, used - non Alpina cars, the Platinum `dealer only applied` package (five year warranty, free annual inspection).

Have found it to be an excellent product, the preparation removed 99% of existing `swirls / marks`... the coating then sealing it off and protecting from further minor damage. Markedly increases the interval between cleaning Smile

The last inspection revealed an adhesion issue in a few areas, the entire car including wheels were re-prepared and resealed at no charge.
B10 V8 Touring #160 Alpina Blue ... SOLD
Cygnet
A
A

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I bought a m235 a couple of years ago I had the Williams ceramic coating done. It didn't take long for some bird crap to leave its mark on the bonnet so I don't think I'd go for it again.
E46 B3 s coupe #122. VW Golf R. 1944 Matchless G3L.
E46 330ci msport (sold)
M235i (sold)
E46 330ci msport (sold)
Broch
ALPINA
ALPINA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear by Gyeon. My son applied it on the B6 a couple of years ago, and it still looks nice

http://thealpinaregister.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19835&start=420

Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> ALPINA Car Care / Detailing All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: