theALPINAregister.com Forum Index theALPINAregister.com
The Forum section of www.theALPINAregister.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Site SearchSite Search   Forum SearchForum Search   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Selling my Alpina Roadster S Lux #98
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> Selling my ALPINA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aus_Pol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not that familiar with alloy repair, but the bubbling issue is something that can be repaired without issue?
ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aus_Pol wrote:
I'm not that familiar with alloy repair, but the bubbling issue is something that can be repaired without issue?

Needs a full alloy wheel refurbishment to remove all traces of corrosion and new valves fitted with a soft interface with wheel rather than original steel washer (which is main cause of issue). 500 would sort it properly with change unless the wheel centres are knackered too.

The updated valve part numbers can be found on here. I posted about them in around 2011/2 but been repeated since on other threads. Perry Gunn will have details I'm sure.
E91 B3SBiturbo #127
981 Porsche Cayman GTS
Focus STline dog wagon

Previously loved:
ALPINA: E92 B3SBiturbo #285, E90 D3Biturbo #097, E85 Roadster S #168 & variety of 'grey' 4 and 6-cyl BMW lumps.
PORSCHE: Macan S, Cayman 981 S
PerryGunn
ALPINA
ALPINA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ade and liz flint wrote:
The updated valve part numbers can be found on here. I posted about them in around 2011/2 but been repeated since on other threads. Perry Gunn will have details I'm sure.

You know I'm an info hoarder Ade... Laughing

The original wheel valves on the RS can cause a certain amount of bimetallic corrosion on the wheel alloy, to remedy this there are replacement valves available that have a plastic washer at the base of the valve to stop the corrosion. If you are having your wheels refurbished (or tyres replaced) these are a worthwhile upgrade

These cost around 7 each and can be ordered from any BMW dealer: Part # 91.47.3.610.086

Photos and captions below courtesy of Ade Flint:

Here is a pic to show the difference (old valve on left):-

And a pic of the parts breakdown...
you can clearly see the PTFE washer in the new assembly (upper items) used as the new interface with the wheel compared to the old stainless one:-

Alpina Roadster S #320
BMW X3 F25 LCI 30d
ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PerryGunn wrote:
You know I'm an info hoarder Ade... Laughing

Somehow, yes, I did know you're the keeper of RS knowledge. Well done Perry clap

I'd just started searching when I saw you'd beaten me to it Cool
E91 B3SBiturbo #127
981 Porsche Cayman GTS
Focus STline dog wagon

Previously loved:
ALPINA: E92 B3SBiturbo #285, E90 D3Biturbo #097, E85 Roadster S #168 & variety of 'grey' 4 and 6-cyl BMW lumps.
PORSCHE: Macan S, Cayman 981 S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> Selling my ALPINA All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: