theALPINAregister.com Forum Index theALPINAregister.com
The Forum section of www.theALPINAregister.com
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Site SearchSite Search   Forum SearchForum Search   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

B3s Touring no. 104 6 sp Manual conversion completed 12/3/18
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> ALPINA Photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
darren_mk
ALP
ALP


Joined: 21 Jun 2007
Posts: 169

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like an awesome trip, and well worth it after the work you did on the conversion. Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ali
ALPINA
ALPINA


Joined: 10 Feb 2007
Posts: 1965
Location: Edinburgh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ave write up
Love the obligatory Carousel shots
_________________
B3 3.3 Touring #108
B10 V8 #540
B3 3.0 Biturbo #107
E46 M3 Convertible
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
greenelekta
ALPINA
ALPINA


Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Posts: 987

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:04 pm    Post subject: ! Reply with quote

simon13 wrote:

An E87 135i how ever would be amazing!


You'd never get enough beer in it to make the trip worth it.

Best get that e34 Touring sorted!
_________________
E39 B10 V8S Touring Brass Metallic
E34 M5 Touring Elekta British Racing Green
Z3 M Coupe Dakar Yellow
Z4 Monaco Blue
SLK55 AMG Silver
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bss325i
AL
AL


Joined: 14 Oct 2007
Posts: 126
Location: Surrey, England

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: ! Reply with quote

greenelekta wrote:
simon13 wrote:

An E87 135i how ever would be amazing!


You'd never get enough beer in it to make the trip worth it.

Best get that e34 Touring sorted!


I managed to get 8 crates in the E30 M3!

No rear bench fitted admittedly.
_________________
2001 E39 540i/6 Sport touring
1989 325i Sport
1986 M3
1989 325i convertible
2005 330Ci M sport coupe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
simon13
ALPINA
ALPINA


Joined: 26 Feb 2006
Posts: 2585
Location: Camberley, Surrey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



Needed a wishbone for the MOT, i'd not noticed this but sometimes its hard when you use the car all the time. Thats my excuse

Thats the 2nd time i've changed them in our time with the car less than 6 years. Drivers side is the same but i did that arm 2 years ago.

They are a service item nearly!! 156k milege now still tramping on a treat
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Charles
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 23 Jun 2003
Posts: 6908
Location: Oxford

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simon13 wrote:
Needed a wishbone for the MOT, i'd not noticed this but sometimes its hard when you use the car all the time. Thats my excuse

Thats the 2nd time i've changed them in our time with the car less than 6 years. Drivers side is the same but i did that arm 2 years ago.

They are a service item nearly!!

You need to go more gently over the speed humps, Simon - they're there for a reason Shocked

Quote:
156k milege now still tramping on a treat

Almost half my mileage - getting there Wink
_________________
Charles
Teacher of Chemistry and driver of ALPINAs - not necessarily in that order Wink
B3S Touring (49/116) - been to the moon and now on the way back!
Renault Grand Espace - not mine but the wife's!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ali
ALPINA
ALPINA


Joined: 10 Feb 2007
Posts: 1965
Location: Edinburgh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lemforder?
_________________
B3 3.3 Touring #108
B10 V8 #540
B3 3.0 Biturbo #107
E46 M3 Convertible
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
simon13
ALPINA
ALPINA


Joined: 26 Feb 2006
Posts: 2585
Location: Camberley, Surrey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes lemforder on both sides now Ali,

Charles the roads are bad round my way.

My wife might be taking this back as a daily Crying or Very sad shes not happy about the manual box "its a completely different car now" she says!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
simon13
ALPINA
ALPINA


Joined: 26 Feb 2006
Posts: 2585
Location: Camberley, Surrey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



4 new boots, driving on road legal track tyres in this wet cold weather is interesting! Some major understeer and oversteer moments. The quaife diff is working in this weather!

Don't shoot me but i've opted for Goodyear eagle F1's the asymmetic 3s as well as a fair bit cheaper than PS4s and they are much quieter, same wet gri[ and economy rating. I doubt i'll notice the difference to the michelins. Plus touch wood i'm moving house so a little penny watching.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
E24man
ALPINA
ALPINA


Joined: 17 Oct 2010
Posts: 2299
Location: Surrey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good on you for the Goodyears; they're decent enough tyres and better than tired anything else - we're all in different places in life and nobody should take the pious high ground of 'thou shalt observe originality above all else' when there are solid enough reasons for budgetary constraints, especially when it comes to home and family.

P.S. Did you get hold of an E34 Bentley; there's another on t'bay for reasonable money.
_________________
E24man

2001 Alpina B10 V8 Touring (1 of 12 rhd)
1997 Alpina B12 5.7 L (1 of 2 rhd)
1995 Alpina B10 4.6 Touring (1 of 1 rhd)
1985 BMW M635CSi (1 of 524 rhd made, but less than half left now)
1982 BMW 635CSiA (1 of only hundreds left from the thousands made and still valiantly fighting a rusty grave)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Metrics
ALPINA
ALPINA


Joined: 29 May 2015
Posts: 1402
Location: Berks

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

E24man wrote:
Good on you for the Goodyears; they're decent enough tyres and better than tired anything else - we're all in different places in life and nobody should take the pious high ground of 'thou shalt observe originality above all else' when there are solid enough reasons for budgetary constraints, especially when it comes to home and family.

P.S. Did you get hold of an E34 Bentley; there's another on t'bay for reasonable money.


I don't think anyone takes the pious high ground on here, ultimately it's just a car and we are all entitled do do as we please with our cars. Hence why the relatively regular discussion points on:

* Alpina roundels v BMW
* Alpina suspension v aftermarket
* Michelin v other good brands

We all know the level of detail Buchloe go to to refine an already good product from Munich, so you pays your money and you take your choice on OE v other options - it's everyone's right to do so!
_________________
2012 Alpina D5 BiTurbo No. 13
2002 Alpina B10 V8S No. 60
1993 Mercedes 190E 2.6 Sportline spec
2005 Audi TT 225
1991 Mk1 Golf GTI Sportline cabriolet
1983 Mk1 Golf GTI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
greenelekta
ALPINA
ALPINA


Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Posts: 987

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simon13 wrote:
Don't shoot me but i've opted for Goodyear eagle F1's the asymmetic 3s as well as a fair bit cheaper than PS4s and they are much quieter, same wet gri[ and economy rating. I doubt i'll notice the difference to the michelins. Plus touch wood i'm moving house so a little penny watching.


I put 4 Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric 3 on my SLK 55 and am very pleased with them. Good luck with the new house, has it got a big driveway?
_________________
E39 B10 V8S Touring Brass Metallic
E34 M5 Touring Elekta British Racing Green
Z3 M Coupe Dakar Yellow
Z4 Monaco Blue
SLK55 AMG Silver
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
simon13
ALPINA
ALPINA


Joined: 26 Feb 2006
Posts: 2585
Location: Camberley, Surrey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenelekta wrote:
simon13 wrote:
Don't shoot me but i've opted for Goodyear eagle F1's the asymmetic 3s as well as a fair bit cheaper than PS4s and they are much quieter, same wet gri[ and economy rating. I doubt i'll notice the difference to the michelins. Plus touch wood i'm moving house so a little penny watching.


I put 4 Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric 3 on my SLK 55 and am very pleased with them. Good luck with the new house, has it got a big driveway?


yes, double garage and a long drive to stack the turds up in. I said all along it has to be an impovement on what i have to move. I'd like to extend the garage. Just need to stay patient until we exchange/complete, a right head fuck this house moving game!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> ALPINA Photos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group