fluxco

Sold - Alpina Roadster S Lux with Quaife LSD + more

Post by fluxco » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:24 pm

Hi peeps,

I am selling my 04 plate Roadster S.

Sold

125k miles
Mot to 28th Oct 2018

Fastidiously maintained with full service history.
Inspection 2 service with new brake discs and pads front and back carried out in July 2017 and the Roadster has done less than 100 miles since.

Black oregon leather with electrically adjustable and heated seats
Leather dashboard
Air con
Original Alpina logo wind deflector
Sat nav
Rear parking sensor
Cruise control
xenon lights
Multi-function steering wheel

Koni SSK shocks
Eibach springs (original included)
Powerflex polyurethane bushes (wishbones front + rear, rear anti-roll bar mounts, rear trailing arms)
Quaife limited slip differential
Strong strut braces
Custom Alpina engraved alloy gear knob
Aux cable with 3.5mm input jack.

It has had some paint work in its life, and there are some stone chips on the front and a small ding in the passenger door.

Viewing from Bracknell, Berkshire

Last edited by fluxco on Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alpina Roadster S

fluxco

Post by fluxco » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:10 pm

Alpina Roadster S

Bob
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Bob » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:17 pm

Now on eBay

fluxco

Post by fluxco » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:58 pm

sold
Last edited by fluxco on Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alpina Roadster S

ali
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ali » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:01 am

Thats a great price for a Roadster
Surprised it hasn't sold
B3 3.3 Coupe #090
D3 2.0 Biturbo Touring #098

Rodderz
A
A

Post by Rodderz » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:30 pm

I've been folowing this car for a while, I nearly offered you 10k for it when I bought my B3S! :)

ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ade and liz flint » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:07 pm

ali wrote:Thats a great price for a Roadster
Surprised it hasn't sold
Miley.....hence the struggle.
Nice colour, but a bit messed about with for an enthusiast, perhaps?
Current:
23MY Porsche Macan GTS in Papaya
23MY Cupra Born V3 77kW in Aurora

Previously loved:
ALPINA: E91 B3SBiturbo #127, E92 B3SBiturbo #285, E90 D3Biturbo #097, E85 Roadster S #168 & variety of 'beige' 4 and 6-cyl BMW lumps.
PORSCHE: Macan S, Cayman 981 S, Cayman 981 GTS

Bob
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Bob » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:26 pm

ade and liz flint wrote:Nice colour, but a bit messed about with for an enthusiast, perhaps?
That was my first thought when i saw the ad. It feels like it's lost a key element of Alpina-ness with the suspension changes.

Charles

Post by Charles » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:35 am

ade and liz flint wrote:Miley.....hence the struggle.
Do you mean this relative to other Roadsters that are for sale or are you saying that 125k miles is high for a 14 year old car?

As someone who advocates mileage (321000 and climbing), a 14 year old car with 125k miles on it has covered less than 9000 miles per year which is less than the recognised (or is it perceived) average. Cars are there to be used, in my extremely humble opinion, and so long as it is well looked after then mileage is simply a number.

Which would you prefer - a 40k mile E46 B3S Touring with no service history whatsoever or an extremely high mileage one which has been maintained to within an inch of its life and everything documented on paper and online? Of course, by asking this question, I become a hostage to fortune, so think of it as more rhetorical than requiring a written response ...

Whenever I read or hear people muttering about high miles on a car that is for sale it makes my blood boil. That might have been the case back in the 70s but today's cars can run for very long distances - so long as they are well looked after. No longer should mileage alone be a reason to discount prices. Instead, mileage should be considered in the context of other factors, such as condition, service history and general appearance.

In this particular case, I couldn't give a stuff about 125k miles on this car so long as it has a decent history. However, where we do agree is that the non-OEM suspension set-up may be a turn off to buyers.
Charles
Teacher of Chemistry and driver of ALPINAs - not necessarily in that order ;)
B3S Touring (49/116) - been to the moon and now on the way back!
Renault Grand Espace - not mine but the wife's!

ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ade and liz flint » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:59 am

Charles wrote:
ade and liz flint wrote:Miley.....hence the struggle.
Do you mean this relative to other Roadsters that are for sale or are you saying that 125k miles is high for a 14 year old car?
Against other Roadster S for sale. No implication towards any other model.

There are a lot of sub-100k RS for sale and they make this a 'riskier' buy in the eyes of those who have a heart attack if any car they see is over 100k. This car is listed at a realistic value for its mileage (IMO) but as RS asking prices vary quite wildly, it's really hard to say if the price therefore suits the real market.

I helped a friend purchase a 'high mileage' RS Lux a few years back (Perry will remember.... :lol:) which was iirc around 85k, and the price paid was around £9k. It needed a little TLC and tidying, but was a fully historied car: I advised it was purchased as I'd seen and driven far, far worse examples: one at around 20k miles (a late car, #28x...full # kept private to avoid upsetting anyone else) which was a shed and another member from here also viewed separately and agreed was bloody awful! Missed running in, missed biennial servicing, 'rough as a badgers' bodywork and trim.

My thoughts on car condition and maintenance versus mileage limits imposed upon buying can be clearly noted elsewhere....the post below taken from a reply to a 'wanted' post in recent times

PerryGunn wrote: Personally, I'd recommend that he concentrates on condition, history and provenance rather than getting too hung-up on mileage.

I've seen low-mileage examples that have been neglected and cars that have 80k+ on them that are cherished and kept in great condition - I know where I'd rather put my money (if I didn't already own one :wink:).

This :roll: is the truth.

Avoid anything with no running in service (plenty without this essential oil change) and anything that's low miles, and has missed at least the maximum 2 year service interval: lots of owners think that because they don't use it, it doesn't need basic maintenance. A car in regular use is likely to have seen better maintenance, and that's essential with these. I've driven well maintained 80k versions which drove better than 20k versions....beware.
Current:
23MY Porsche Macan GTS in Papaya
23MY Cupra Born V3 77kW in Aurora

Previously loved:
ALPINA: E91 B3SBiturbo #127, E92 B3SBiturbo #285, E90 D3Biturbo #097, E85 Roadster S #168 & variety of 'beige' 4 and 6-cyl BMW lumps.
PORSCHE: Macan S, Cayman 981 S, Cayman 981 GTS

fluxco

Post by fluxco » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:15 pm

Hi all, thanks for your comments and replies.

I have had this car for nearly 10 years, everything done to it was for me and I wasn't really thinking about future buyers.

Side note, I am reluctantly selling because I commute by train or bike and the poor thing doesn't get use. More recently, I am moving house and the new place doesn't have parking.

Anyway, sob story over. Thanks for keeping my post alive.

:D
Alpina Roadster S

D3orbust
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by D3orbust » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:11 pm

lovely car, that blue is stunning and makes a change from the bland grey roadsters.

Just ignore the negative comments from the 'alpina know it all'
B5 G30 number 332 (development car)

D5 number 21

D3MT number 284 (gone but will be sadly missed)

PerryGunn
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by PerryGunn » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:39 pm

D3orbust wrote:Just ignore the negative comments from the 'alpina know it all'

Totally uncalled for :no - give it a rest...
Alpina Roadster S #320
BMW X3 F25 LCI 30d

E24man
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by E24man » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:54 pm