theALPINAregister.com Forum Index theALPINAregister.com
The Forum section of www.theALPINAregister.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Site SearchSite Search   Forum SearchForum Search   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DPF regeneration...for real!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> ALPINA - Car Advice / Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desiderio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject: DPF regeneration...for real! Reply with quote

Hello!

First post here...feeling a bit newbie!

I live in Belgium and I own two Alpinas (2006 D3 and 2015 D4).

The D3 needs a change of the dpf filter (170000 km).

According to my garage, I'd need ~2000 Ä for replacing it.

Now, the car is not new and I'm planning to sell it soon (I'll most likely post images here), but I was wondering if I really need to change the dpf filter, or I can have it cleaned (mechanically, not by chemicals). Cleaning is cheaper, but I'm afraid it won't solve the issue.

Any advice or past experiences?

Thank you in advance!
DonFlintoni
ALPINA
ALPINA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have someone take it off and chemically clean it and then flush it. some garages also do a very high temp bake.

Then reset service indicator. 300E at the most.

From what ive read a properly reconditioned one is only a few % less efficient than a brand new one.
I_MNL
ALPINA
ALPINA

Location: Manchester, Cheshire and Hertfordshire! Driving on the motorways...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had mine "regenerated" here in UK...cost...£45. Seriously
Arvi
ALPI
ALPI

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A forced regen is done by way of plugging in to the OBD port which is probably the £45 fee.

A clean of the DPF involves taking it off the car and cleaning which is a lot more labour intensive and hence more expensive.

BMW dealers will go straight to the - "computer says you need to replace the DPF ".
Desiderio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your replies and sorry for having reacted so late!

I think I will give a try by asking for such service to nearby garages...I guess if I go with a specific request they should be able to help me and to give a quick cost estimation.

Indeed, the official BMW guys told me that the power isn't anymore what it used to be, and that the DPF filter has to be changed. Cost: 1800 Ä.

I normally go to official BWM garages for maintenance, keeping a record of all operations on the car itself, but this time I think I will skip.

Thank you everyone!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> ALPINA - Car Advice / Information All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: