alpina c2 2.7 j reg question

The place to talk about ALPINAs.
e.g. News, Reviews, Insurance, Warranties, Running Costs, Sightings, general questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

daneil
A
A

alpina c2 2.7 j reg question

Post by daneil » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:22 pm

Ive recently come across a late j reg e30 that looks to be a genuine c2.7 but some areas that dont add up
its a 2 door se based c2,7
alpina engine is present as so the exhaust manifold
correct alpina wheels steering wheel clocks gear knob and alpina kit
but the things im struggling with are
the plaque hasnt got a alpina number just has c2 2.7 every other alpina ive seen and like my own have their own production number. also when looking at the build sheet it doest say anything about suspension upgraded i thought all c27 had upgraded suspension as part of the conversion will have to give alpina a ring torrow and give the car a good look over as i just had a quick look today
so my main concerns are
did any c2.7 leave the factory without the suspension upgraded
and are their any c2.7 without a plaque number

hap
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by hap » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:36 pm

I only aware of 3 genuine j plate
One is a well known 4 door in alpina green one is a red mtech 2 sport version
One I would love to see is a calypso red convertible
It sounds like it may have the alpina pack but equally such anomoly with the plaque could happen

Any pics ?

AG
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by AG » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:17 pm

I take it this is a Sytner C2 2.7 as opposed to a factory built car? If so it may have been down to customer requirements, they may not have wanted the suspension fitted when they ordered it OR if its physically missing then perhaps during its life its been replaced with either standard or after market items, after all the Alpina parts were extremely expensive to replace all those years ago.

The plaque, I've seen a variety of types fitted to the UK built cars (not just the e30's), some have a production number of sorts and some just have the model script, if its a UK car then Sytner seemed to do what they wanted, where as Buchloe supplied cars had a fairly strict method applied to their offerings.

Bear in mind that your first stop should be Sytner to see if its a UK supplied car, as Alpina in Germany will have no record of these cars unless it was built by them and the owner collected it from Buchloe.

Welcome to world of uncertainty of the earlier UK supplied Alpina cars.
Former BMW CC 7 register chairman

2000 e39 B10 V8 Touring
1985 e23 B10 (sold)
1995 B3 saloon switchtronic (sold)

E24man
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by E24man » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:45 pm