BMW B3 Biturbo

Thinking of Buying one - ask your questions here.
Buying guides, Specific questions about a car, or about a particular model, ALPINA characteristics.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

parag

BMW B3 Biturbo

Post by parag » Tue May 01, 2018 5:16 pm

Thinking of selling my Alpina B biturbo but not sure what the resale value would be.

Wanted to know what sites people are using to determine a fair resale price. or could help

its a F30 Alpina B3 biturbo (2013 model) 2012 reg Black exterior with black interior leather. 27000 miles. In good condition inside and out. All service carried out by BMW

any advice what a fair price is?
BMW B3 Biturbo saloon

hap
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by hap » Tue May 01, 2018 6:06 pm

One sold not long ago for circa 30k post some pics on here
I know one chap is considering this model but looking for a contrast interior but you never know

parag

Post by parag » Tue May 01, 2018 8:12 pm

ImageImage[/img]
BMW B3 Biturbo saloon

ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ade and liz flint » Tue May 01, 2018 9:08 pm

Yeah as hap says, I'm looking. It's a bit too monochrome for me but I'll keep an open mind yet.

Pricing....I have a very good idea what sytner would pay you for it plus they have one on their forecourt at £32500 inc a full warranty and dealer backup plus haggle room. So, to my eyes circa £27k privately if it's really tidy and all Docs add up. Maybe a little more if top quality.

What kit is fitted though? Makes a desirability difference.Build number too? And interior pics etc

Is it perchance the ex sytner demo car?

Cheers
Current:
23MY Porsche Macan GTS in Papaya
23MY Cupra Born V3 77kW in Aurora

Previously loved:
ALPINA: E91 B3SBiturbo #127, E92 B3SBiturbo #285, E90 D3Biturbo #097, E85 Roadster S #168 & variety of 'beige' 4 and 6-cyl BMW lumps.
PORSCHE: Macan S, Cayman 981 S, Cayman 981 GTS

hap
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by hap » Tue May 01, 2018 9:50 pm

017 I believe and was a demo driven by Chris Harris

parag

Post by parag » Tue May 01, 2018 10:42 pm

hap wrote:017 I believe and was a demo driven by Chris Harris
yes model number 017 purchased directly from sytner in 2014. Had no issues with the car just thinking with two kids would prefer something with a bigger boot. So looking a suv type car.

As mentioned car is in a good condition just about to book it in for a service used a daily drive and no track days will upload more photos when i get a chance.
BMW B3 Biturbo saloon

D3orbust
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by D3orbust » Tue May 01, 2018 11:12 pm

Lovely looking car and if I was in the market I'd snap it up, don't understand why people have to post negative comments about the car being "monochrome" whatever that is.

Have you considered a D5? I have a 3 and 8 year old and the boot swallows up everything that they throw into there with room to spare.
B5 G30 number 332 (development car)

D5 number 21

D3MT number 284 (gone but will be sadly missed)

D3orbust
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by D3orbust » Tue May 01, 2018 11:29 pm

D3orbust wrote:Lovely looking car and if I was in the market I'd snap it up, don't understand why people have to post negative comments about the car being "monochrome" whatever that is.

Have you considered a D5? I have a 3 and 8 year old and the boot swallows up all the 'useful bits and bobs' that they throw into there....with room to spare.
B5 G30 number 332 (development car)

D5 number 21

D3MT number 284 (gone but will be sadly missed)

RufRt12
A
A

Post by RufRt12 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:45 am

Hiya buddy, if your car’s got the HUD option then I’d be interested in an immediate purchase as I’m looking to switch from a 2016 D3 to a petrol variant.

ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ade and liz flint » Wed May 02, 2018 9:22 am

D3orbust wrote:Lovely looking car and if I was in the market I'd snap it up, don't understand why people have to post negative comments about the car being "monochrome" whatever that is.
'monochrome': google it my friend. I'll save you effort: black or white or grayscale. It may also be described as 'of one colour, or values of one colour'. This vehicle is factually such. That's not in any way a 'negative' comment. You made it so: well done :clap:

To the seller: a little off track there, and my taste for black and grey cars, especially black/black combinations is just that; my taste. Or lack of it in others' minds; I can bear that pressure. Thankyou for confirming my thoughts that this is indeed the car driven so spiritedly and captured many times on camera in its early days: I thought I recognised it. That's no negative to me as I previously owned the UK ex demo and press car E92 B3SBiturbo, #285.

Regarding value: if I were you I'd be talking to Jonathan at Sytner for a 'baseline' buy in price to them. It will be horrible. Add around £1500-2k for a decent indie (If you need any, pm me I have a short list who deal effectively in ALPINA). Then for private, add a similar amount and hey presto a private sale price. I'd suggest my initial figure isn't far off, as guess what?.... I've been directly included in other similar conversations :wink:

Get a kit list up too, and some more pics showing sides, interior, under bonnet etc to help boost sale chances. An honest critique of the body, wheels/tyres (tread depth, type, condition) and interior including areas where there are faults will help, too, as buyers feel more comfortable travelling large distances if they feel a car is well described, and the owner attentive to detail.

In addition: unlike the suggestion from our friend above, I won't give you spurious 'lovely looking car comments' based on 2 pretty uninspiring images but try and push you to improve your information on what is a fabulous car, for which I am looking for/at similar, so you can actually sell it to an enthusiast at a decent price for all concerned. I rate it: hence my search. I'll avoid yours now to avoid further upsetting any other keyboard warrior who may feel I'm driving the deal (although I fear in responding to this and attempting to be helpful to you, I may just get; but that's their 'fun').

I wish you extremely good luck with a profitable sale.
Current:
23MY Porsche Macan GTS in Papaya
23MY Cupra Born V3 77kW in Aurora

Previously loved:
ALPINA: E91 B3SBiturbo #127, E92 B3SBiturbo #285, E90 D3Biturbo #097, E85 Roadster S #168 & variety of 'beige' 4 and 6-cyl BMW lumps.
PORSCHE: Macan S, Cayman 981 S, Cayman 981 GTS

ali
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ali » Wed May 02, 2018 11:15 pm

I like a black on black car and to me yours is not a turn off at all.
If we all liked the same thing then life would very boring and we wouldn't get the fun out of using the Alpina configurator.
As what Ade said, more info and detail surrounding your car should open up the enquiries coming your way
GLWS
B3 3.3 Coupe #090
D3 2.0 Biturbo Touring #098

parag

Post by parag » Wed May 02, 2018 11:22 pm

cheers for all the advice

i didnt want or intended to start an argument on the spec.

Will be getting the car sorted out in the coming months so probably will be on the market in july.

As mentioned have booked a service with BMW also getting the car nicely detailed and checking the alloys and tyres so its in tip top condition.

Will post in the right section with full spec and better pictures
BMW B3 Biturbo saloon

parag

Post by parag » Wed May 02, 2018 11:28 pm

spec

Alpina piano black tirm
HUD
Speed limit display
Exterior auto folding mirrors
Glass sunroof
Sun protection glass
BMW business loud speaker systen
PDC front and rear
Limited slip Diff
arm rest front with sliding adjustment
high beam assist
lumbar support driver and passenger front electronic adjusable
BMW B3 Biturbo saloon

hap
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by hap » Wed May 02, 2018 11:33 pm

Well it's got hud ruf and lsd so maybe the chance to buy now

JASV8S
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by JASV8S » Wed May 02, 2018 11:34 pm

I agree with the comments on personal taste and that "monochrome" is not really a negative comment, as I remember when I ordered a new e36 325i in 1994 in Diamond Black with black leather and even paid to have the dash all black instead of the standard two-tone. Then whilst awaiting delivery started to have doubts that I had made the right choice and monochrome did cross my mind whilst seeing other black ones with different interiors but when I got the car I immediately fell in love with it, enjoyed it on every drive and then regretted selling it for a long time afterwards. It just looked great as does yours.
GLWS and hope you get a good price.
John
Alpina Blue B10 V8S #54 Saloon
Montreal Red F20 M-Sport
Sparkling Bronze F30 Xdrive (sold)
Titan Silver E90 325iSE (sold)
Blue Mini Cooper (sold)