Remote alarm issue on Z4 Roadster S

Got a question about your ALPINA ask it here !
You've got the car now you need to know something, techincal advice, specific questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

johntyper

Remote alarm issue on Z4 Roadster S

Post by johntyper » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:16 pm

When using the remote fob to lock the car, the alarm siren can tend to go off at varying intervals. However when I lock the car with the key I don't have an issue.

I've checked & tested the bonnet sensor as I understand that can be a cause. But the alarm still goes off. I've been told it could be the tilt sensor. If so is this an easy fix or can it be turned off via a management diagnostics system?

Any advice would be appreciated?

Charles

Re: Remote alarm issue on Z4 Roadster S

Post by Charles » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:05 pm

johntyper wrote:When using the remote fob to lock the car, the alarm siren can tend to go off at varying intervals. However when I lock the car with the key I don't have an issue.
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that locking the car with the key does not engage the alarm.
Charles
Teacher of Chemistry and driver of ALPINAs - not necessarily in that order ;)
B3S Touring (49/116) - been to the moon and now on the way back!
Renault Grand Espace - not mine but the wife's!

PerryGunn
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by PerryGunn » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:07 pm

Locking with the key disables the alarm and immobiliser but you may not want to do this all the time due to the increased risk of theft

You can easily check if it's the tilt/motion sensors by double clicking the 'lock' button on the key, this will will disable the tilt/motion sensors but leave the alarm/immobiliser armed.
Alpina Roadster S #320
BMW X3 F25 LCI 30d

Fast3000
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Fast3000 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:51 pm

Had a similar issue on my Z coupe. It also comes with the same alarm. had it checked by bmw couple of times and then it just stopped going off! couple of common issues I was told:

Bonnet switch for alarm can corrode (so some wd40 , acf 50 or any electrical contact spray will help - Im sure you know already a man of your calibre but its behind the engine in the centre towards to windscreen wipers! )

Having coins in the little cubby in front of the gear lever!! this can interfere with the microwave sensor for the alarm....apparently.

Hope this helps!

johntyper

Post by johntyper » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:53 pm

Hi,

Yes I read somewhere before that by double locking can deactivate the tilt sensor. But I'm sure I tried this & the alarm still went off after half an hour.

Any other suggestions?

johntyper

Post by johntyper » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:59 pm

Thanks Fast3000.

Will take another look at the bonnet sensor. I have disconnected it before & the alarm still went off. I presume were talking about the same thing, comes as a black connector plug in the position you stated?

Fast3000
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Fast3000 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:18 pm

johntyper wrote:Thanks Fast3000.

Will take another look at the bonnet sensor. I have disconnected it before & the alarm still went off. I presume were talking about the same thing, comes as a black connector plug in the position you stated?
correct.