theALPINAregister.com Forum Index theALPINAregister.com
The Forum section of www.theALPINAregister.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Site SearchSite Search   Forum SearchForum Search   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Section Sponsor
ALPINA Running Costs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> ALPINA Costs, Insurance, Polls etc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-pd wrote:
Charles, how do you find her for massive miles? I got the d3 because I do 150 per day. Is it massively more on fuel etc? I have everything except the beautiful noise and would love to get something a bit throatier next time round. Are you crippled by petrol costs? Other running costs seem very similar otherwise

Holy Post resurrection Exclamation

When I ordered the car back in 2003 I had a decision to make between a 330d and the B3S. I knew I was going to be doing big miles but I decided life was too short to worry too much about fuel consumption when compared with wanting to enjoy the car every time I drove it.

In the early years I was averaging about 25k miles pa but I have cut back recently and now do "only" 20k miles pa.

Running costs are "330i reasonable" and I have consistently achieved 25-26 mpg on V-Power which I am happy with.

Yes I know that I could have been enjoying 35+mpg with a diesel but I was prepared to sacrifice that against the induction roar of a normally aspirated straight six running at 6000rpm Twisted Evil

Would I change that decision today? No - this is the most complete car that I have ever owned and I sometimes wake at night worrying about what I would replace her with if the worst were to happen.
Renault Grand Espace - not mine but the wife's!
Easy-pd
ALPI
ALPI

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, a friend has a 63 amg and does similar miles, but she's minted and it's not an issue. I am starting to think that there needs to be a fun premium to pay considering I sit in her for 3 hours per day. Not that I regret the d3 for a second.

Just throwing it out there and I think I know the answer, please don't tear me down in flames. LPG ever been done? Does it effect performance, longevity etc. highly doubt I ever would, just interested really...
jolls
ALPI
ALPI

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lpg has been done. Take a look here http://thealpinaregister.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5005
Abanko

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: B10 V8 Service Costs Reply with quote

Just looking at standard services costs for B10 V8 and called in to Sytner's Notts. 670 for Inspection 2. How does that compare with others?

Any recommendations of suitable garages in East Mids?
Abanko

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: B10 V8 Service Costs Reply with quote

Just looking at standard services costs for B10 V8 and called in to Sytner's Notts. 670 for Inspection 2. How does that compare with others?

Any recommendations of suitable garages in East Mids?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> ALPINA Costs, Insurance, Polls etc. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: