Hello Again

The place to talk about ALPINAs.
e.g. News, Reviews, Insurance, Warranties, Running Costs, Sightings, general questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

John S B3

Hello Again

Post by John S B3 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:46 pm

Well after 8 years in the wilderness I am now back in the Alpina driving seat.

I have hankered after another one as the old B3 3.3 I sold was one of mymost favorite cars I have owned

So we went to Tamworth and got the one below.

http://thealpinaregister.com/forums/vie ... hp?t=20938

I see it has been owned by two forum members but some how Sytners have no paperwork on it but it has been looked after.

hap
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by hap » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:03 pm

Welcome back
If it's all BMW service you should be able to get print out have they not got the service booklet ?

John S B3

Post by John S B3 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:03 pm

Hi

Yes i believe it to all be main dealer service in the service book. and I am having it fully serviced into the deal as well as a fresh MOT and it comes with a full 12 month BMW warranty as well so should not require much attention from me other than spit and polish.

hap
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by hap » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Depends where it has been serviced you may need to call up the different garages service depts and generally once you explain you are obtaining the invoices for your records they should help out

John S B3

B3 Biturbo

Post by John S B3 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:53 am

Well having had the car now just under two weeks all I can say is WOW.

The drive in the car is very very good it seems to be happy either just tootling around or happy to sprint when asked the power curve is just full on constant, you would have no idea that it is turbo charged with the two chargers pulling in and keeping it on boost.

The handling is not what I would call the best it is good but a slight wallow is noticed when cruising.

Internal comfort is superb with it wanting for nothing toy wise and the seats are very comfortable, having said that I have done less than 60 miles in the two weeks so time will tell on that after a long run.

I polished the body work and it is in very good condition Sytners have carried out some work on the front end before i collected it and they spent £1300 on it complete with two Mitchelin tires and other parts.

I also got a service thrown in and carried out a full 12 months warranty on it with 12 months breakdown cover.

All in all I am a happy bunny with my new garage queen.

Merry Xmas to you all have a good one
John

WINNE1
ALPI
ALPI

Post by WINNE1 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:15 pm

Welcome back Alpina's are like a drug they get under your skin.. :crazy:
B6 convertible 4.4 black with silver decals .
B5 saloon 4.4 black with silver decals .

John S B3

alpina

Post by John S B3 » Sat May 20, 2017 8:39 am

Well I have still done less than 600 miles in the car.

I took it back to Sytners due to the car wallowing and now and again flicking out of line, it turned out the suspension alignment was way off as it had its suspension changed before I got it then swapped back to the original suspension, Sytners re aligned everything and kept it for two days to set it all up, what a difference this has made the car just drives like it is now on rails with no wallowing or flicking of the back end.

I can not fault the engineering of this car so far it is a pleasure to drive it when I do get it out.