Alcantara seat re-trim

Discuss all aspects of Car Care / Detailling etc.
bertonibertone

Alcantara seat re-trim

Post by bertonibertone » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:08 pm

Have hunted hi & lo re experience of other register-members of seat re-trimming on a Z4..... but am struggling. Seat leather is standing up well to wear & tear over last 10 years but I'm getting increasingly fed up peeling myself off leather seats in hot, humid, top-down weather: ie. your usual wet & warm UK summer which seems to be the norm these days.

Experienced ventilated seats in an open-top 991.Gen 2 and fell in love. BUT, given ventilated seats are 'never gonna happen', fabric or alcantara seem the next best thing. I'm considering leaving or re-trimming the sides and pull-out leg bolsters in 'original' leather but changing the main 'touch points' to alcantara.

Yes, I'd be changing the look a tad but I could copy the alcantara seat design Alpina had in their Geneva 2015 show car in the 'green' D4 coupe without - I assume - incurring the wrath of the purists. See youtube clip for detail. You can skip most of the driving dutch techno score by clicking to 2.20 mins into vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFGvR0PJvKU[/url][/u]

Variations on the same theme can be seen on the E92 GT3 but that's based on a Recaro seat.

Any experience of suppliers for re-trimming out there ?