theALPINAregister.com Forum Index theALPINAregister.com
The Forum section of www.theALPINAregister.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Site SearchSite Search   Forum SearchForum Search   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A sad day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> Charles's Blog
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject: A sad day Reply with quote

As some of you know, I put myself through regular pain as I am the "proud" owner of not one, but two Renaults. Before you ask, I have 4 children and so a Grand Espace is an essential (if troublesome) essential element to the fleet. The Megane serves as the general war horse and latterly, No1 son's regular mode of transport. It's already been placed in Cat C and taken back out again, so it's seen some service!

Over the last ten years I have not been able to rely on either of these cars to perform properly all the time and so I have got to know my local dealership very well indeed.

This includes, in particular, the Service Manager who was always on hand to come up with a cost effective solution to the latest problems, done with a smile and a knowing look.

Sadly I heard today that he lost his battle with Motor Neurone disease last week and I feel like I have lost an old friend Crying or Very sad
Renault Grand Espace - not mine but the wife's!

Last edited by Charles on Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Philrose
ALPINA
ALPINA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost 2 of my cycling club mates to motor neurone disease and it was not good watching their decline. One in particular, Paul Carbutt, held the Lands End to John O'Groats record for many years. Can you believe he cycled nearly 900 miles in under 2 days. He completed the ride and got back on his bike and then set off south to break the 1000 mile record.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Carbutt

Sad news indeed.

"Never trade luck for skill."

Alpina D3BT - no 364 - Wifeys
Alpina B3S BT cabrio no 235 - Mine
Yes, we have one each
John_C
ALPINA
ALPINA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that Charles, a colleague of mine lost his battle with MND a couple of years back. It's a cruel condition. Sad
2010 D3 BT #97 - Sold
1998 B10 V8 #71 - Sold
rcshott
ALPINA
ALPINA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sad Charles. I know the feeling well as I constantly lose Army mates…many I've known for 50+ years.

I DID have a smart comment when I first read your lines, though….Have you figured out, yet, what caused all those kids? Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> Charles's Blog All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: